AT Horizon Roll Call / Mods / Pics

James Pierce

Adventurer

rlynch356

Defyota
couple of adds and changes

First up are the Drifta Jerry can bags - these fit in the jerry can holders i have (old STD style) and contain basic camp gear for tents, lights, sun screen/bug spray kinda stuff and in the other all my levelers and wheel chocks which keeps them out of the front box. Basically its the stuff you first need at camp.
[UNSET].jpg

this picture also shows the access hatch i installed in the tank to allow for cleaning, and filling and Drying the tank out

Second thing up is the air intake which is covered with a rubber cap that i had, this screws into the fill port with a reducer and then the air intake... i did this b/c my tank does not have any other ports on it, so when you use the water pump (sruflo 3.9/gpm) and leave it on all day with out taking out the cap you create a vacuum which then pulls the water out of the pump and then the pump runs - repeat cycle till you kill the batteries (2 deep cycles in my case) after leaving the trailer to go hit the trails all day - fun !
[UNSET](3).jpg
[UNSET](1).jpg
[UNSET](2).jpg

this way the air intake is covered and easy to open - just a slight tug on it is enough, and the tank can equalize, and is protected from dust and you can't lose it.

we will see how it works in the field soon.

Other upgrades are a 2nd 100w solar panel was added - this kpt my battery at 13.4v all weekend and will keep up with the fridge in the summer when we are base camping.

Ghost65

Allergic to Pavement
There are enough similarities between the Horizon and the Chasers that it would be ok but lets stick to trailers manufactured by Adventure Trailers.

Found this thread...and have read it at least three times since purchasing our new to us 2007 AT Chaser.

Pick up day...
IMG_9037.JPG

We are the third owners, of what I think is either Chaser #45, or based upon the information in this thread, Chaser #5?

The last three of the VIN# are 075...maybe someone here could help clarify that?

Since we acquired the Chaser, it has been a discovery of some rust and neglect by the previous owners, but no worries, we are up to the restoration task.

IMG_9073.JPG

I've since removed the water tank, AT gas can mounts, front storage/electric box, and sanded down and worked to eradicate as much rust as possible.

The shocks were a little rough, and on our first trip out, I noticed a bit of side to side trailer action on the highway. Probably going to replace them, and also dig into the hubs to make sure they were maintained properly.

Ghost65

Allergic to Pavement
The battery the Chaser came with was on life support...so I did the merciful thing and unplugged it...traded it in for a new deep cycle marine battery. Just fine for the limited off grid time we will have in future Death Valley trips. Solar is on my wish list.

The gas cans and storage box were in rough shape as well, and someone in the trailer's history had painted the cans black (???). Off came that paint, and I spent a few days stripping and refinishing the cans to a nice bright red color.

Before...

IMG_9291.JPGIMG_9292.JPG

More work on the tongue/water/gas storage area of the trailer continues...started with 40 grit, then 60 to get the orange glow of rust back to shiny metal. Lots of rattle can primer and paint, with plenty of dry time in between.

Not as thick coverage as good a powder coat, but I don't mind.

Ghost65

Allergic to Pavement
The tongue/storage box needed some TLC...

IMG_9335.JPG

So off it came and let the sanding begin...
IMG_9368.JPG

Gas cans are done...clear coated and ready to mount with the holders...freshly painted also.
IMG_9614.JPG

IMG_9615.JPG

Cleaning up and remounting the water tank, freshly painted storage box, and starting the re-wire today. I'll post up some after shots later. (y)

rlynch356

Defyota
Added in a rhino rack bat wing (new design of the fox wing)
I went with this one since it’s a bit lighter and I can zip the oztent Rv5 to it
And it has poles which can be staked down... seen too many of the pope less ones try to take flight, and if you can’t use it in a storm it’s kinda useless

It’s kinda huge
e8a42ac43605ba1127c14c0c897ee865.jpg
ba87b81bc35f7f3c427fb5154790d8bd.jpg

Ghost65

Allergic to Pavement
Added in a rhino rack bat wing (new design of the fox wing)
I went with this one since it’s a bit lighter and I can zip the oztent Rv5 to it
And it has poles which can be staked down... seen too many of the pope less ones try to take flight, and if you can’t use it in a storm it’s kinda useless

It’s kinda huge
e8a42ac43605ba1127c14c0c897ee865.jpg
ba87b81bc35f7f3c427fb5154790d8bd.jpg

Exponential shade...nice.

This photo looks a lot like the Black Rock CG at J-Tree?

Nice chaser!

barukinzs

Observer
Received and installed the AT wheel adapters.
These go from the jeep 5x4.5 pattern to defender 5x6.5 and allow me to match the tow rig setup
Wolf wheels and KM2 255/85-16
437f7b88b7c8e2e360bf4f3136161423.jpg
c0479b02c5e7559d78129c4be0e4b277.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That wolf really looks good on MT's. I've been wanting to convert to 5x6.5 pattern myself. Do you mind sharing your wheel adapters source? Thank you in advance

Ghost65

Allergic to Pavement
AT gas can mounts bolted on, also worked on some padding inside the mounts to prevent movement.

IMG_9712.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles