AT Horizon for sale $8300

eXpeditionXterra

Adventurer
BIGdaddy said:
NOPE. sorry it's me, too.

i'd never pay that price for something that didn't have a motor and seat for at least me and my wife.

:)

But if you already have the motor and the seats, why not the trailer? Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Bergger

Explorer
BIGdaddy said:
NOPE. sorry it's me, too.

i'd never pay that price for something that didn't have a motor and seat for at least me and my wife.

:)

Someone is trying to sell their trailer here. I don't think these types of under mining comments are very appropriate in this situation. Feel free to post them in discussions about trailers in general but not in for sale threads. I don't think it is fair to the seller.

Scott Brady

Founder
There will always be the do-it-yourself'ers and the bargain shoppers. People can pick apart anything of value if they want to. A new vehicle, a high-quality trailer, a nice house, a Rolex. Just because you cannot afford something, or wouldn't spend your own money on it doesn't mean that is doesn't have value.

To bash someone elses vehicle, or the cost of a high-quality piece of gear only reflect poorly on the "basher", not the item itself. Some people may not want a $5,000, 15 year old SUV. They may want a brand new Range Rover and a 20k Adventure Trailer.

It is worth what someone will pay for it, which has nothing to do with what you would pay for it...

Last edited:

oldcj5guy

Adventurer
$8300 is not a bad price to back up to something that is loaded and ready to go, hook up and drive off for a week or two.

Bergger

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
There will always be the do-it-yourself'ers and the bargain shoppers. People can pick apart anything of value if they want to. A new vehicle, a high-quality trailer, a nice house, a Rolex. Just because you cannot afford something, or wouldn't spend your own money on it doesn't mean that is doesn't have value.

To bash someone elses vehicle, or the cost of a high-quality piece of gear only reflect poorly on the "basher", not the item itself. Some people may not want a $5,000, 15 year old SUV. They may want a brand new Range Rover and a 20k Adventure Trailer.

It is worth what someone will pay for it, which has nothing to do with what you would pay for it...

Well said Scott. This weekend we just took our maiden voyage in our Chaser. Let me tell you it was awesome. The trailer handled to 20 miles of wash board way better than my modified Tacoma did. Our friends were also impressed with it. I'm going to mention this Horizon to them as they are in the market for a trailer. Does anyone know if this on has the new air bag suspension or the older axle?

eXpeditionXterra

Adventurer
Bergger said:
Well said Scott. This weekend we just took our maiden voyage in our Chaser. Let me tell you it was awesome. The trailer handled to 20 miles of wash board way better than my modified Tacoma did. Our friends were also impressed with it. I'm going to mention this Horizon to them as they are in the market for a trailer. Does anyone know if this on has the new air bag suspension or the older axle?

It has the older torsion system.

I asked Mario and he says it can be fitted with the airbags for around 2 grand.

I am going to look at this trailer tomorrow with cash in-hand. ;)

kcowyo

ExPo Original
That Adventure Trailer now happily resides in Wyoming. :peepwall:

Man, I wish I could say it were mine, but it actually now belongs to an acquaintance. I got a call today and it was delivered to him a few days ago. It will eventually be towed behind his nicely built Land Rover Discovery, making for a hot adventure set up.

We'll bump into each other on the occasional random Sunday day trip. I'll get pics whenever I see him. He sounds pretty happy with it so far. It's turning a lot of heads up here I'm sure.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
kcowyo said:
That Adventure Trailer now happily resides in Wyoming. :peepwall:

Man, I wish I could say it were mine, but it actually now belongs to an acquaintance. I got a call today and it was delivered to him a few days ago. It will eventually be towed behind his nicely built Land Rover Discovery, making for a hot adventure set up.

We bump into each other on the occasional random Sunday day trip. I'll get pics whenever I see him. He sounds pretty happy with it so far. It's turning a lot of heads up here I'm sure.

Please ask the new owner to contact us. He needs to install bump stops to help prevent axle failure.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
On his behalf, thanks Martyn.

I sent an email and called our mutual friend to let him know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles