SOLD!: AT Habitat for 2nd gen Toyota Tacoma DCSB (5 foot bed) $9000 OBO

YF_Ryan

Located 20 minutes south of Seattle, WA

I've had multiple people reach out about selling my Habitat separately from my Tacoma, so I've decided to go ahead and list it.

Habitat Purchased new and installed by Equipt Expedition Outfitters in Salt Lake City in June 2018. We have used the Habitat for 56 nights in total.

Habitat $9,000 OBO. Includes original mattress, ARB 2500x2500 Awning and ARB Deluxe Awning room, no electrical add-ons.

We are looking to sell the Habitat to move to a small hard sided camper for ability to Stealth Camp. 15 foot long Habitat tent makes it difficult to be Stealth!

1606759682891.png

1606759706505.png

Habitat Accessories
  • Custom Awning Mounts attached via Riv-nuts. (Have done chin ups on the awning)
  • ARB 2500x2500 Awning
  • ARB 2500x2500 Deluxe Awning Room
  • A-Track with 3x cross bars added to Habitat by AT Overland. This was the only factory option we added ($800 option).
Items to note:
  • Pinstriping on Habitat.
  • UPDATE - We just finished patching the Habitat tent this afternoon. Pictures can be found further below in this thread (not in this post).
1606757068455.png

1606757084359.png

1606757094086.png

Awning and Deluxe Awning Room Included with Habitat. Room has 3 screen walls that can be opened, tub floor, driverside rear passenger door access through zipper wall, and solid panels that cover all screen walls.

1606758745753.png

Last edited:

YF_Ryan

Where is the tear? Any pictures

Not an actual pic of my rig, but i didn't have any at this good of an angle. The red line is the approximate location of the tear. It is at the peak, just to the "rear" side of the hoop. I cut a large piece of Gear Aid Tenacious Tape, like 3x8 inches and covered the the length of it and beyond, and painted the edge with seam seal. The patch goes all the way over to the other side of the hoop, so any water runs down (can't get in). It's been on for awhile now, and since the patch is a rectangle, and the surface is somewhat curved, it does have some gaps around the edge, but the majority of the patch is solidly adhered. I also added a couple smaller pieces of the patch on the interior of the Habitat to help adhere the outer patch and to help support the tear from the inside to keep it from growing.

Weather permitting I will try to get pictures in the near future. I would just prefer not opening the tent in the rain, as I like to always put it away dry. The tear actually occurred when driving out of my buddies large shop/garage where I open the Habitat to let it dry after a wet trip. I fit fine driving into the garage with the tent open, but I think when I left the garage last time the door musta been slightly lower and pinched the peak. And if you wonder why I had to drive in with the Habitat open, it's because his ceiling is too low for the 7 feet of tent swinging upwards.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks for your interest.

1606873452547.png

maybe im missing something but seems a little high for a used habitat with a tear. Dont the base habitats start at 8,900? and this looks like a base

YF_Ryan

To all those concerned about the tear:

I just received the Speedy-Stitcher from Amazon and am currently waiting on some Sunbrella Marine material to be delivered to patch the tear.

YF_Ryan

maybe im missing something but seems a little high for a used habitat with a tear. Dont the base habitats start at 8,900? and this looks like a base
Please read this post and you'll see where I'm coming from on my price.

Yup, $8900 base price is correct.

Additional $800 for the roof rack

Brings that up to $9700

They charge $450 for the Nemo Habitat awning (image below of summit, but it attaches to the side of the Habitat as well)

1607701305470.png

They also charge $950 for the below addon enclosure.

1607701388451.png

To me, both of those items are lacking. The awning because it is more a sunshade than anything else. The enclosure because of the odd shape, lack of floor, and needing to stake down.

The ARB Awning and Awning room mounted and included with my Habitat, I honestly believe, is far superior. But to each their own. I've been in it in the and wind and cold and it's been great. We setup our whole kitchen in there and chairs and have a great time no matter the weather.

Skipping the long lead times is another bonus, to some worth it.

And then depending on where you are, sales tax is an added item to avoid. I drove to Equipt for install since Mule wasn't selling Habitats yet. 6.85% tax was paid there, up here it is 10%. So if you were to buy a new Habitat here in the Seattle Area with the awning or enclosure you are looking at $11,000 or more. Not including Install ($495 I was charged) or Destination charge ($600). Obviously I'm leaving those out as it would need to be installed by whoever purchased it, and shipping, no, since whoever buys it from me we'll meet somewhere that involves driving on either or both our parts.

Thanks for reading. And if interested, feel free to make an offer! Worst I can do is say no.

YF_Ryan

Almost forgot to touch on the tear. We are repairing it. Properly. And it's only costing us about $70 and some time. That'll hopefully set people's minds at ease and help me keep from settling on a lower sales price!

And if anyone else ever tears theirs, check this guy out. We are really looking forward to using it. We watched Vids online and read a ton of info on it. Should work great, and far better than a simple needle and thread.

1607703037553.png

YF_Ryan

I first want to say the Speedy Stitcher is amazing. If you ever need to do any patch work on heavy material it makes the job pretty easy. Took my wife and I about 4 hours start to finish, so it's not FAST, but it came out great!

Here's the run down:

As mentioned above, we previously patched with Tenacious Tape and seam seal. We were going to remove it before placing the new patch, but it was REALLY on there so decided to leave it.

The patch material we purchased was Sunbrella Marine Canvas. We cut out a 7x12 patch and curved the corners to keep them from catching. We used a torch to melt the edges to keep from fraying. We also cut two darts to help the patch lay tighter to the curved surface. These darts were painted with seam seal and material is overlapped at the "pleat".

The back of the patch was painted with Gear Aid seam sealer out to where the first (inner) circle of thread was to be stitched. The stitching was performed using the Speedy Stitcher with waxed thread. My wife sewed from above the tent while I was inside to run the thread on the inside (like a sewing machine). We sewed in 4 sections. A "C" shape on either side of the center seam, which is directly above the center hoop of the Habitat's structure. This was done twice for a total of 4 "C's".

Once stitching was complete, we used the seam seal to cover all threads, both inside and outside. Seam seal isn't visible in these shots, as I forgot to take any final pictures. Seam seal was also heavily used on the Dart pleats/overlaps.

I have a lot of the patch material left over, if whoever purchases the Habitat is interested in having some extra material. It came in a 5 foot x 3 foot roll.

Currently, the truck is staying in my buddy's garage for a day or two so the seam seal can fully cure before I close up the Habitat and bring the truck home. I owe him a huge thank you (as usual) for him letting me use his garage. But I guess he probably feels we are even now, since it was his garage door that originally caught the Habitat in the first place!! Mike, you're the best.

Hopefully this sets your minds at ease on the tear in the Habitat. Thanks all!!

Image 3.jpg

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

Image 4.jpg

Image 5.jpg

Image 6.jpg

Image 7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier