at first this looks awesome for pop ups,,,

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Yes, that is impressive. If a product like that became commonly used it would really change how everyday life works.

It would be interesting to know how long a coating lasts under use.

And can you imagine getting this stuff on your skin when applying it! I know it is a two part mix, but you would still have to be really careful. Breathing the fumes would also not be good.

Last edited:

cwsqbm

Explorer
Looks amazing!
The site said it can be used on fabrics but did not say anything about it being breathable...

Actually, in the extended FAQ:
19. What does this product do to the transmission of vapors (air) through a material?
The passing of air through the coating is dependent on the substrate. There are surfaces were the coating can act
as a liquid repellent under normal pressures, but is porous to any gases or vapor. If the base coat is applied too thick
and makes a continuous fi lm across the pores of the substrate, then vapor transmission will be diminished.

The stuff looks awesome - I'm envisioning the undercarriage and wheels coating in the stuff and not having mud stick. From reading the FAQs, it looks like it will eventually wear off and would need to be reapplied. Give the cost, that could make its use on a large surface prohibitive.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
all these comments are my own. i am waiting for a bit more developement, then 100% waterproof AND breathable tent (flippac) fabric, my favorite jacket, heck even my underwear to stop those mood killing racing stripes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz