AT Atlas walk-around video

Wow...thanks for the link! I learned A LOT that I didn't bother to ask about when I picked-up my camper from them a few weeks ago. Mostly I just picked Mario's brain about things to see between their shop and my next destination. This is extremely thorough!

I must say the folks at Adventure Trailer are professional in every sense of the word. This video shows the thought and detail that goes into their products.

BigJimCruising

Adventurer
Very impressive! I'll definitely be putting them on my short list. But it does seem odd that the bunk doesn't get any wider as the cap gets put on bigger trucks? My 8 foot full size truck bed would still only have the same size bed as a smaller unit. Even on an 8 foot full size truck bed I and a partner would only have 24 inches of sleeping space for each of us. I'm a pretty big guy so I'm not sure how that would work out. Did I misunderstand the measurements?

Bed size is the same AT Atlas units at 80" x 48", and the top and canvas are also the same. The difference depending on truck box size is the the length and width of the bottom portion, and the length of the overhang, size of the movable platform and the location of the split in the mattress. AT Summit is the same size but the top is hinged at the front rather than pop-up. AT Habitat is similar with common roof size and bed sizes.

BigJimCruising

Adventurer
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm cruising your website getting as much info as I can. I like the inch thick walls and I'm impressed by the hammer blow test on the video! Any chance of making straight up walls and a larger bed? My problem is where I live we get rain about 8 months of the year so I'd be spending most of my time inside, sleeping, meal prep, cooking and often relaxing inside so a large space means a lot to me. Just curious.

You have an advantage, however, with the 8' bed. AT has the option on their website for an 8' version. It depends on what specific truck you have. Like Maine Hills said, give them a call for specifics.

My thought process is that you could build a narrow bed down below after delivery and still have the 48" wide one on top. Or you could just do like I do and keep an air mattress down below(I've got a 6' bed) so each of you have more room! Maybe design the bottom bunk to fold up against the sidewalk when not in use?

Those of you that have the atlas...how does the canvas do in the wind? Just curious if it's noisy? I know it's not a hard side but it still looks pretty tight in pics. Trying to decide between this and the summit style.

sn_85

Observer
Love listening to Mario talk about the methodology of the topper campers. You can tell these things are so well built. About the only gripe I have is that the bed is only 48" wide. If they had gone to 50-52" wide that would allow you to use other sleeping pads like the Exped or Hest if you preferred it over the stock one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz