At-35

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Their product is very similar to the Treg which we found to be an excellent coupler. We had spoken with the mfg of the at-35 a few years ago about importing their couplers for our trailers. We found out that they had not been SAE J-684 tested for DOT compliance and they did not want to go through the process & associated costs. With the weakness of the dollar combined with shipping costs, we shelved the whole idea. We have since embraced the Lock and Roll coupler which has been tested, is compliant and made here in the USA.

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
I'm using the Lock and Roll set-up on my AT and love it. There is absolutly no slope at all in the coupling and the quality is top notch. Waaaayyyyy better than a pintle:exclaim:

Last edited:

gillti

Adventurer
mario, I've got the treg on my horizon. tell me the why you moved on to the lock and roll?

sorry to hijack!
tjg

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
gillti said:
mario, I've got the treg on my horizon. tell me the why you moved on to the lock and roll?

sorry to hijack!
tjg

No worries. We simply could not get the Tregs any longer. The company that makes them did not want to export if it took away from their ability to meet their local demand, which is quite large I understand. We found a nice solution with the Lock and Roll.

end of hi-jack

jerdog53

Explorer
elcoyote said:
Their product is very similar to the Treg which we found to be an excellent coupler. We had spoken with the mfg of the at-35 a few years ago about importing their couplers for our trailers. We found out that they had not been SAE J-684 tested for DOT compliance and they did not want to go through the process & associated costs. With the weakness of the dollar combined with shipping costs, we shelved the whole idea. We have since embraced the Lock and Roll coupler which has been tested, is compliant and made here in the USA.

How about a link as to where i can get one?

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Andrew Walcker said:
I'm using the Lock and Roll set-up on my AT and love it. There is absolutly no slope at all in the coupling and the quality is top notch. Waaaayyyyy better than a pintle:exclaim:

X2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior