ASME fixed propane tank orientation question

Fatboyz

Observer
I bought a used tank for my build. The placement of the valves and vent in relation to the "down" arrow seems opposite to me. If I turned it over all the writing and the gauge would be upside down. I went to have it filled last night and at 25 liters it appeared to be full. Some white spray coming from the vent. Gauge only reads 1/4 though? The valve is on the vapor outlet, not the liquid. From YouTube videos most tanks the filler and vent are near the top?
Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1760.JPG
    IMG_1760.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1761.JPG
    IMG_1761.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 29

john61ct

Adventurer
Not the sort of thing to trust to Internet advice.

Bring it to any certified lpg shop and they'll tell you. For $25 or so they should check it over, recommend replacing valves if needed.

lots of cheap Chinese crap these days, a shop like that will sell you the good stuff like Rego

Fatboyz

Observer
Not the sort of thing to trust to Internet advice.

Bring it to any certified lpg shop and they'll tell you. For $25 or so they should check it over, recommend replacing valves if needed.

lots of cheap Chinese crap these days, a shop like that will sell you the good stuff like Rego
I live in a remote part of Alberta. I need to drive 3 hours to get to said dealer unfortunately. In the days when home propane was cheap here we had 3 companies locally. None left.

john61ct

Adventurer
That sucks.

Leverage technology, call, book a remote videocall session.

Next time you have to go anyway they can do the physical, meantime at least mount it right.

Fatboyz

Observer
Found this pic on another install page. Looks the same as mine.

Attachments

• tank-mounted.jpg
    tank-mounted.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 31

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles