As a favor for a neighbor, 1976 C-20 Chevy Van set up as a camper

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
**11/4/10 update: Still available, to the best of my knowledge, I see it nearly every Saturday.**
Not mine, but a neighbor of my parents at their Mesa Arizona retirement community. The seller does not use computers and otherwise has a limited ability to advertise it. Since it is on the old side but in quite good condition and has a bed, padded/carpeted floor, a nightstand cabinet, and other camper details, I thought it might be worth creating a 'for sale' thread here for him. He says it has only around 60,000 miles - I didn't look to see the actual number when photographing it. It's a 3/4 ton with a 292 engine. He said his break-even cost is $3,000 for it, and said the only significant fault with it is, despite passing its emissions tests, he isn't impressed with the way it runs.

He told several stories of his 'expo' adventures in Death Valley. Maybe it's a 2wd, but perhaps one of you has a need for such a classic. Not being familiar with old Chevy vans, I don't know how many survive in straight rust-free condition. PM me for the seller's phone number, he can tell many more details.

van1.jpg van2.jpg

Last edited:

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Craigslist is beyond my generosity in helping out this individual, unfortunately, and he is really not in a position to deal with the assortment of people who would call if I put his number in a CL ad.

dzzz

Are you sure your not just selling off the cars you don't like in your neighborhood? "Hey your car was stolen. But they left you $700!"

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Bump - to a newer spot on the thread list. I see this van in moved in different places at the man's driveway, so he must still drive it on a fairly regular basis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000