Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

chuckn

Observer
Spent several days in California shooting a variety of subjects. Here are a few from the Bay Bridge.

IMG_9212-L.jpg

IMG_9209bw-L.jpg

IMG_9223-XL.jpg

Black and white of the bridge is great.

photoman

Explorer
Thanks for the comments guys. I have another comp of the bridge i haven't processed yet plus shots of surfers, sea lions, elephant seals, coastal views, waves, and also 1,000+ shots of the Benot BarMitzvah which was the primary reason for the trip. :Wow1:

robgendreau

Explorer
I like the B&W, and the fact you got such deep blacks in the trees even with an overcast. I wanted to get something like that in this shot, but couldn't manage it.

Suggestions?

attachment.php

Software is your friend. I always save everything in Raw. then use Lightroom to process. For that shot I then used Silver Efex, starting with one of the pre-sets then tweaking from there. I am a rank amateur when it comes to processing pictures but I can see with some processing you would have an incredible wall hanger there !

FLYFISHEXPERT

LivingOverland.com
Sunrise along Soda Butte Creek

12574747804_457636896c_c.jpg

Sunrise along Soda Butte Creek - Yellowstone National Park.

The air temperature was hovering near -27F when the sun made its way over 'The Thunderer' Mountain and shone down on Soda Butte Creek

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Took this today, only my second day shooting with my new D3100. Not terribly artistic, but the landscape (and everything, for that matter) has been looking awful bleak with the weather we've been having.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior