Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader

i-J62gDFL-X2.jpg

i-BhgHVMR-X2.jpg

i-sfZb3Z4-X2.jpg

i-BgX7rKd-X2.jpg

i-8CS95pc-X2.jpg

i-jPRVB8T-X2.jpg

i-2SjCxTQ-X2.jpg

taco2go

Explorer
Have been tardy posting to my favorite (only) online forum.....good to see people getting out, keeping at it. Here is a recent scene that caught my eye.

untitled-4444-L.jpg

Couple of plein air sketches. Only 6X8- any bigger and fingers would freeze off, :)

CA_01111409172930-M.jpg

CA_01111409142246-M.jpg

Sirocco

Explorer
Lightroom has really blown me away recently. I have spent the last 12 months travelling and obtaining some great photos only to edit them on an ageing Sony Vaio using only PS Elements 6. When we arrived in Australia I bought a Macbook Pro Retina and 2 weeks ago LR5. The combination has transformed my post process work. I cannot believe what I have been missing out on all these years. 'Good glass' they all say, well, how about 'good software'!

We are a bit fixed on uploads here as we are using 3G, but keep an eye on our website because Im going to throw a load up on there soon!

This is sunrise on Gili Trawangan, Lombok, Indonesia. We waited out here for 2 months while our container made it's way from Russia to Australia

Gili Trawangan.jpg

taco2go

Explorer
great combination- Those screens are amazing. I took a 13 inch retina MBP, running LR5 on a recent trip to India- makes quick processing such a treat especially while the "feeling" is still fresh in your memory.

i-dvqbbJg-L.jpg

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
great combination- Those screens are amazing. I took a 13 inch retina MBP, running LR5 on a recent trip to India- makes quick processing such a treat especially while the "feeling" is still fresh in your memory.

i-dvqbbJg-L.jpg

Great shot and idea Joash. Lets got to the UP and do a shoot! I could use the pointers! I love your work.

4xdog

Explorer
Here's one I took in La Jolla last month, near our offices where I spent most of December. I'd been wanting to play with longish-time exposure shots of water and the Pacific is a lot more interesting than anything around here. I need to do more of this to get the hang of it. Post-processing is normally something I try to avoid, but in this case the distortion of the Canon 24-105 at maximum wide angle really needs a bit of help.
i-j748DvQ-XL.jpg

It was a driving trip to San Diego from and back to St. Louis (6000 mi by the time it's done). Driven in order to bring the dog, see friends and visit my favorite parts of America. This is rural Utah homebound just before Christmas. I coulda shot it one from the truck window, but I did get out and stand in the road. I love the American West.
i-HjJtqDW-XL.jpg

Last edited:

taco2go

Explorer
Thanks Trevor, enjoyed your pictures, always make me wish I was out more.
Bret we do need to connect this summer for some UP picture taking fun. :)

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
John, I love that golden lighting in that second shot

Thanks man, it was my day away so to speak. I got tired of the city so I spent the day in a very quiet WMA just relaxing. Pulled the camera a few times and just drove around a little. I dont think my speed got above 5mph the whole day lol.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Bret we do need to connect this summer for some UP picture taking fun. :)

Sounds great! We got up there 5 times last year. It helped being off work with a messed up Achillies tendon but not so much for getting around. UPO is probably heading to Drummond Island for a couple of it's days this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne