Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
It's been a LONG while since I've had anything to post, but mother nature granted me a couple of decent shots from a trip we took just before Labor Day. My router fried in the all the heat lately, so i've been unable to post for the past two weeks and it's been killing me!!!!. Finally, here they are:

North-Rim-X3.jpg

Bryce-Canyon-X3.jpg

apologies for the overly large watermark. The new smugmug template seems to be scaling it up for some reason

nwoods

Expedition Leader
nwoods, those shots are amazing. Any advice on how to get the sharpness like that? Impressive shots.

Thanks guys, these photos benefit from superb afternoon light more than anything I did in post or intentionally in the view finder. However, my process is pretty standardized for more outdoor photos. I start in Adobe Bridge (I should use Lightroom maybe, but I haven't gotten around to it yet, and Bridge is really fast, so....). In Bridge, I can select my keepers, right click and open in Adobe Camera Raw (even for jpg). In ACR, I use non-destructive sharpening. It seems to be about the same as Smart Sharpen in Photoshop, but can be tuned a bit more in the RAW editor, and is more subtle in effect... though I pretty much just grab the slider and crank it over to about 65-70%, then do any color/exposure/contrast adjustments necessary, then open the image in Photoshop. In PS, I knock the file down to a web uploadable size (I usually select 1600px width), run Smart Sharpen at default settings of 50% at 1.0px radius, and Save for Web at around 69% quality. That is my typical workflow, but each photo is individually evaluated and tweaked.

photoman

Explorer
Just got back from a little trip to Northern AZ and Southern UT. Cant wait to go back!!

Moon star
IMG_7431-L.jpg

Sun star
IMG_6975-L.jpg

Rock star :sombrero:
IMG_2776-L.jpg

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
All good shots. I particularly like the Bryce photo, one of the few places I spent any time in the US so brings back memories, but good in it's own right anyway.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Aerial View Near Lake Powell

Lake%20Powell-325-XL.jpg

Well it is kind of an aerial view. I shot this in front of my toes in a wet feeder canyon coming into Lake Powell. :xxrotflma

Looked like a fly over of canyon lands to me. :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior