Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

Artistic Shots Only Please!

For tose of us with an artsy eye, how about an Artistic Photography thread? Please only post images YOU took. Maybe mention the type of camera, location, subject, important info.

Exploring3-04-06014.jpg

Old general store near a plantation here in La
IMG_0908.jpg

Costa Rica
IMG_0917.jpg

Guanacaste tree in Costa Rica
IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

All of these were taken by me. If you would like to use them, please, just ask.

Last edited:
Since most of what I shoot is spure of the moment I have few planned out images. What I do have is mostly large format and have not had the funds to get those scanned. SomedayI will. Here is one 35mm image I took back in college studying photography. I general take a photojournalistic approach to my work. I will see what else I can find. I have been heavily influenced by Margaret Bourke-Wright and German Expresionist Films, so as with this image I like using high contrast with my images. When I get my Expresionism Series from Montauk point/Camp Hero scanned I will post a few.

dance.jpg

Last edited:
Streakerfreak said:
Since most of what I shoot is spure of the moment I have few planned out images. What I do have is mostly large format and have not had the funds to get those scanned. SomedayI will. Here is one 35mm image I took back in college studying photography. I general take a photojournalistic approach to my work. I will see what else I can find.
I hear yah... most of my best shots are 35mm and I dont intend to scan them anytime soon....:)

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
'scuse me? ALL of my photos are artistic, well thought out, framed....just some folks don't see it that way... ;)

So with that intro...here are a few I have on my work computer....zillions more at home.

safari.gif

(Oh, yeah...I just had to throw in a couple of PhotoShopped image!)

Alex

Adventurer
I can't say an artistic eye made this shot- I was standing on top of my Jeep getting ready to shoot my buddy's, looked down at my camera and saw this in the LCD. I was merely the button pusher here!

White Bark Overlook, at the end of Dusy/Ershim trail.
orig.jpg

A marathon weekend trip to Moab- in 2 days we drove back-n-forth and wheeled 5 trails. Of course we were on the trail from dawn to dusk so great sunset photo opportunities presented themselves!
orig.jpg

Under the influence of Entrada Sandstone.
orig.jpg

outsidr

Adventurer
I see this perspective a lot and have taken many pictures of them. This is one from Baja that takes me back instantly...maybe not the best quality but they usually turn out really neat...

bajasurf

Explorer
Halboo

I have weighed in a few marlin at the end of that pier. I remember when we pulled in and had our marlin flag flying on the outrigger the harbor master would fire off a cannon and soon the bars at Avalon would empty and everyone would come down to see the fish weighed in. Been many years since I brought one in there. We are talking the 1960's then. Crewed on a swordfish boat in mid 60's with Hap Jacobs( Jacobs Surfboards, Hermosa Beach) and we stuck a number of broad bills off Avalon and around Catalina. Came close twice to a bad ending. Great memories i

bajasurf said:
I have weighed in a few marlin at the end of that pier. I remember when we pulled in and had our marlin flag flying on the outrigger the harbor master would fire off a cannon and soon the bars at Avalon would empty and everyone would come down to see the fish weighed in. Been many years since I brought one in there. We are talking the 1960's then. Crewed on a swordfish boat in mid 60's with Hap Jacobs( Jacobs Surfboards, Hermosa Beach) and we stuck a number of broad bills off Avalon and around Catalina. Came close twice to a bad ending. Great memories i

I hate to ask..... what is you talkin 'bout?

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
All recently shot with my D40x.

Sarnia ON
HollowWorld4.jpg

Newfoundland
Longing.jpg

My backyard
MoonBloom.jpg

Nova Scotia
OpenWater.jpg

My backyard
StandingTallframed.jpg

View from across the St.Clair River into Michigan
Plantsframed.jpg

Under the bluewater bridge, Point Edward,ON
Fisherman3Framed.jpg

Newfoundland
WesternFramed.jpg

Sunrise on my way home from work.
SunriseFramed.jpg

Halboo

Observer
Loosianna,
He's talking about the legendary Green Pier in the center of Avalon Harbor, Catalina Island,California. 26 miles across the sea.:088:
Bajasurf,
Hap Jacobs, boy I have not heard that name mentioned in years.
I actually got my very first custom surfboard from Jacobs' shop on PCH :D

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
...couple from a recent trip to the northwest

Attachments

• VERY BERRY.JPG
    VERY BERRY.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 195
  • fern.JPG
    fern.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 198
  • Ilwaco Harbor.JPG