Arriving in April

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
https://aliner.com/campers/expedition/ -- Permanent Bed model, 2 hard dormers, Extreme Offroad package (lifted, better tires, higher gvwr)
After 10 fun-filled years of teardropping, we're finally trading it in. Looking forward to being able to stand up while dressing.

It was a long decision. We still wanted a fairly small trailer, hard walls, and wanted it to fit in the garage. I'm 6'5" so it needed to have an 80" bed. I tried contacting Chalet several times and no replies; plus they don't have any dealers remotely close to me. Also considered Trail Manor but those things open up ponderously huge.

dra2120

I like it...I've always liked the idea of a hard sided "pop up". Mostly for security against larger 4 legged creatures. Its to bad they don't have pictures of the off road package on the website.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
That is awesome. Glad those stock earnings are being used for entertainment.
Yeah but I've got to mitigate the gains with some funny IRA movements.
First world problems....

I like it...I've always liked the idea of a hard sided "pop up". Mostly for security against larger 4 legged creatures. Its to bad they don't have pictures of the off road package on the website.
You can find some videos on Youtube. It's not a tremendously obvious look. Sits higher, AT tires. The suspension upgrade is invisible.
But I think it gets a sticker. So I got that going for me.

amccabe

Congrats on the new camper arriving. We have the family expedition with the off road package and enjoy it. The one upgrade we are making is changing the 22 degree down angle axle to a 45 degree down angle with 15" LT tires to give it slightly more ground clearance for BLM land camping. Love the security of the hard dormers.

EPO

Does the extreme off road package have a different suspension and if so, what does that consist of? Is the suspension with or without axle? Thx.

jeepers29

https://aliner.com/campers/expedition/ -- Permanent Bed model, 2 hard dormers, Extreme Offroad package (lifted, better tires, higher gvwr)
After 10 fun-filled years of teardropping, we're finally trading it in. Looking forward to being able to stand up while dressing.

It was a long decision. We still wanted a fairly small trailer, hard walls, and wanted it to fit in the garage. I'm 6'5" so it needed to have an 80" bed. I tried contacting Chalet several times and no replies; plus they don't have any dealers remotely close to me. Also considered Trail Manor but those things open up ponderously huge.
We are doing the same thing. We ordered a Casita but just received a letter from them stating that our tow vehicle needs a 5000lb rating after telling them we would be pulling with a jeep. So I may go look at the trailer you are getting as we want to be able to stand, have a potty and a permanent bed. Thanks for sharing.

amccabe

Does the extreme off road package have a different suspension and if so, what does that consist of? Is the suspension with or without axle? Thx.

The offroad package has a 3500lb dexter torsion axle (22 degree dn) with 14 inch wheels. The only difference I believe is on the titanium which ihas a 3500lb dexter torsion axle (45 degree down) with dexter spacers and 15 inch wheels. This is what Aliner told me when I asked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior