Arriving at a fair price for my 2019 Tacoma Overlander, 3300 miles

Explorerinil

Observer
Oof. You really went full retard on the build just to find out it won't work. Might be cheaper to get a new wife...

In all seriousness though, start by selling the aftermarket stuff separately. It will be a lot easier to sell the canopy camper alone for $10k than trying to sell a Tacoma for $100k to get some money back. Just about everything you listed minus the brakes and locker is fairly simple to put back to stock and sell the parts. If you have the stock parts still or can find them it's only about a weekend worth of work and the truck is almost entirely stock again and you have a pile of parts that will be much easier to sell than the truck as a whole.
I agree, might be cheaper to get a divorce and find someone with similar interests. Ok joking aside, I’m guessing you’ll get blue book value as aftermarket accessories often decrease the value of a vehicle as it limits its marke. Part it out or find someone thats into overland Toyota trucks that may want it. Good luck!

DCGibbs

Observer
ZioEdo, we leased a 2018 Tacoma DCSB, TRD-Offroad, Auto. We added Rockers (Steps), better/larger tires, added an ARE bed-cover, and Bed-Slide. We have 24,000 miles on it with all the recall repairs done. Toyota's buy-out of the Lease, with Idaho sales Tax, is 30,200 and change. The Federal Credit Union I belong to valued it as is at 48,800. A no brainer to lend us the money to buy out the lease. We choose not to over-build it, and drive it first. My wife a couple years back, flatly stated "I'm not sleeping on the ground anymore!" So I sold ALL of her camping gear and all of the "Family Camping" gear. I retained my 4 season Back-packers tent, my 3 season, and winter Sleeping Bags, and my Camping for one set-up & gear. It' lightens the load, and freed up lots of storage.
We travel to XYZ area, I check her into a hotel; tell her where I'm headed (Most likely to Fly-fish, or Back-pack), I give her Rough GPS, where I intend to sleep, and an ETA to pick her back up. She gets out, enjoys the road and scenery. Happy Wife, Happy Live... I'd sell as much as you can, and re-think the options. I'd also have a serious conversation of what she is willing to do, and "put up with," and then negotiate a "Win, Win agreement, and stick to it" My wife of 39 years, has 300,000 miles in a 84 VW Quantum Wagon, and 300,000+ miles in an 88 62 series LandCrusier, (which I still have). The Tacoma is our Travel vehicle, as we live in Boise, and you have to drive to get anywhere. Yeah - we have an International airport, but I am un-willing to pay for all the extended Luggage. [Ski's, Snowshoes, Back-packing, Climbing, Fly-fishing, Camera's, etc.] Peace

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier