Around the world since june 2000

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
I hate this automatic translations... It seems Tarzan works for google... but is something...

Greetings from Alaska! Finally!
Yes, the route was long ... It took four and a half years to cross the American continent since we left Buenos Aires!
11 years and 25 days since we left Barcelona ...
Alaska was farther than we thought ...

We are now in Fairbanks, preparing for the final stretch to Deadhorse and Prudhoe Bay, about seven hundred kilometers (mostly dirt roads) to the Arctic Ocean ... must carry water and food, fill all fuel tanks and find a public library to connect to internet ...

The last few days we have been going faster thru British Columbia and Yukon, Canada, because our U.S. visa is finishing in less than a month. And if the weather continues the same, at any time return to snow. And we are in July.
For this year, it seems northern summer never came. Most days go cloudy, with rain on even days... The route is beautiful, miles and miles of paved walkway through a green forest. There are many lakes, and many mosquitoes, but after almost 4000 miles becomes so monotonous that we can not wait to get to the tundra. To the endless landscapes.

We continue uploading new stories about the road in www.viajeros4x4x4.com every sunday.

Indeed, a friend from Vancouver gave us a new toy. Spot, a device that automatically connects to a satellite to mark exactly where we are on a map. You can see our camps in Canada and Alaska http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=06gaJ9lzHYnBpeBiB8d9EAgsVaq9xuVEt

For that, two, three or four days reached the extreme north of Alaska ... will be celebrated ... and bought a bottle of Marques de Riscal ... one does not come every day to the Arctic!

Regards and good routes (although the bad ones are better)

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Hi overlanders!!

we finally made it to Prudhoe Bay!! it was July 25th when we arrived to Dead Horse. What an unglamourous place to arrive... but we enjoyed the road!!

It doesn't mean that we are finished with our trip around America... we'll be around here, crossing from Canada to the US and viceversa, for the next year and a half... it is a big continent!!

So we hope to see you around!!

Big hug and regards from Dawson City, Yukon, Canada!

Anna and Pablo
www.viajeros4x4x4.wordpress.com

Bull0080

I have a few places for you to stay in Minnesota if needed! Would love to hear some stories in person. Good luck and cheers!

Forrest

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Around the world in 10 years. Looking for a place in Vancouver!!!

Hi overlanders,

We are back in Vancouver. After driving north to Deadhorse and Inuvik during the summer months, we are planning to stay around Southern BC until the end of the year.
In Vancouver we met the ideal person to translate our book into English (the First Chapter is almost ready) and we must be around to work together on it. I also want to finish the new book before the end of the year.
We thought that maybe some of you know someone who wants to rent a basement or a small apartment (anything bigger than the van will be big for us!) in Vancouver (preferently close to Burnaby) or maybe a cabin outside the city... We're responsible people, we'll take care of everything as it was our own home, or even better!. It would be perfect to rent the appartment /basement suite/room from october to december. We are thinking of something affordable, utilities and internet access included. A safe place to leave the van is necessary, too. It can be a street parking, but it must be in a safe area.

So if you can help us to find something, we will appreciate it very much.

Thanks for your help and hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Thank you Adrian, we are just working now on the translation of our second book into english! We also want to give all northamericans who just speak english, at least a fast view of our trips around the world, so we are also translating some of the stories. You'll be able to start reading them during next january...
By now you can find one of our stories in the Overland Journal winter issue, with an amazing trip thru the peruvian amazon in a... wooden raft...
You can find more stories about Around the World in Ten Years in www.viajeros4x4x4.com. They are in spanish, but it could be a good training for your future trips to latin america!
Regards from the road...

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Jo jo jo jo!!!! Santa Overland Trip Around the World!

062-Venezuela-Bolivar-Puert.jpg

Merry Christmas from La vuelta al mundo en 10 años: escritores en ruta

Abitibi

Explorer
We've had Pablo and Anna with us in Vancouver for quite a few months, you can call us spoiled! In no time they felt like good old friends and it was sad to see them go back to the old continent a few weeks ago but we know they'll come back... we kept their van! Hahaha

Have a great holiday guys, your van is safe and I'll make sure a few of us will join you on the trip to the overland expo in May... I'm working on going anyway!

Vancouver might be home to the largest Delica club in Americas, so it's very nice to have world travelers join us...

Cheers
Mr. D

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Oohhhhh this pseudonyms... Mr. D....

It was great to be in Vancouver for so long working on the new book. And on our 4x4 van. And it was great to meet this bunch of people doing strange experiments and modifications with their Delis.... I said to Anna, I have to say to the Delica folks of Vancouver, we learnt a lot from you guys...

See you soon, canuks! Take care of our Cucaracha! Don't let Santa go out with it!

Abitibi

Explorer
It be tempting to convert it to run on veggie while you guys aren't watching... A vegetarian cucaracha!

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Yes, I'm sure it would be very interesting cucaracha... ;) After all the talks I think I'll run it on veggie anyway without the conversion when we'll come back.... we have the extra tank for the veggie and the main one for the diesel...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz