Armoured G for sale

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
This truck intrigues me. It likely weighs somewhere around 800 lbs more than a regular G with all of the protection (and likely has a proportionately higher GVWR because these builds are done well). IF you can strip out some of the armor, you could have a heck of a lot of available payload.

Pete

zimm

Expedition Leader
all it likely has is springs with a higher code color. its not like going from an f150 to an f250sd. everything else will be the same.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
You're probably right zimm, but according to this thread the truck has a GWVR that is 770 kg higher than stock.

Thinking about it more, I really wonder how heavy all that bulletproof glass is.

Pete

zimm

Expedition Leader
You're probably right zimm, but according to this thread the truck has a GWVR that is 770 kg higher than stock.

Thinking about it more, I really wonder how heavy all that bulletproof glass is.

Pete

plenty heavy. from lining the indoor range, i can say sheets of ballistic steel aint no trip in the park either.

from being under one, i cant see a need to reinforce anything for 770kg. using my ****ty pickup analogy, the civilian g is like an f150 that was built on the f250sd chassis. most of the BP weight will be in the rears so i doubt it would affect the front wheel bearings, which are apparently a weak point on the german front end. wear and tear is something else to consider.

neat truck, but i wouldnt want one, as the jaws of life would be next to useless. unless youre someone thats likely in need of a good shootin', id say thats a more dangerous truck to be in than a standard g.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
A less expensive 1988 280 GE A2, here.

$(KGrHqIOKiQE2f!ucs6uBN0omdKsdg~~_12.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94