Armoring a 150

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Did a google search for skid plates and sliders for my 05 f150, Has anyone seen skid plates and sliders?

SightPicture

Observer
I have had a hard time find anything for mine as well, although mine is the new model year and that could be the reason. You could always buy some FX4 skids? Sliders my have to be custom though?

SightPicture

Observer
Mine is a 2009. I have even looked for stuff for the '04-'08 gen and it was hard to find a whole lot of stuff other than bumpers. Sliders will probably be your hardest find. Those will most likely have to be a custom job. (unless someone knows a place). IMHO the 150 is one of the best platforms for an Expedition vehicle. They are everywhere so you don't stand out but parts (factory replacements) should be easy to come by. Its the armor that may be a PITA to find. But like I said ebay might be good place to start looking for FX4 take off skids.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
The sliders will have to be custom made, Am going to be putting on FX4 skids after I do the exhaust and new brakes on it. The 150 does seem like a good platform.:smiley_drive:

dharris

Red Desert Photo
Have a look at these sliders from Trail-Gear Inc. I know they are sold for Toyota's, but they work on just about any vehicle you weld to the frame. We have installed them on a 2010 Ford F150 and soon on my 2006 F150.

rocksliders-600.gif

camp'n_hunt

Observer
Price for FX4 stuff

I don't want to know how much skid plates would be from a dealer. It would almost think for sure you could go to your local order fab shop and have stuff made for less.

I just just an 06 150, it doesn't have skid's, some factory "step" bars but i don't think i will be going "off-roading" like i used to go. Just forest service roads.

Though i didn't take a close look when i changed my oil last weekend i do remember the frame rail's hang low. I would think almost a full sheet of 1/4 alum would bolt right on just about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94