Armada/ QX56/QX80 pic, build and info thread.

toastyjosh

Adventurer
I have been seeing a lot of armada stuff all over the forum as of late, as well as people asking lots of questions in other peoples build threads.
So let's start one for armadas and the QX56/QX80s.
Please include builds, Pics, lift and tire combos and questions!

Dmski

Adventurer
I'm glad this was started and I hope to see more interest in the 17+ Armada/Y62 patrol here in the states. I don't own one yet, but i'll contribute what I know thus far in my research. Might have to start making bumpers, skids and sliders for these if this becomes a popular platform!

Check out below and see if my info is accurate:
  • Confirmed that 18" wheels are as small as you can go, I've seen a few people throwing the older titan OEM wheels on for reference otherwise there is aftermarket such as the Method race wheels 305NV in Satin bronze 18 x 9” +18mm offset (pulled from a Y62 build thread)
  • Confirmed 35" tires will fit stock, 37" tires could fit with suspension and trimming
  • King Y62 front and rear shocks for 2" lift setup
  • Unconfirmed: SPC UCA's for front or rough country to gain droop
  • Total Chaos offers a front Y62 patrol UCA for added droop but unconfirmed if it fits the Armada
  • Rear Dobinson Coil Springs to compensate for air shocks Dobinsons C45-357 Rear Coil Springs or
  • Or alternatively I've read Moog 81085 springs for rear lift about the same as the dobinsons and are far cheaper
  • Confirmed Iron Man lifts offers a 1.5" suspension lift
  • ARB suspension lift for Y62 is rumored to work, but unsure if this is confirmed
  • Dash offroad in Australia has a lift kit for HBMC vehicles and full armor setup that is now being delivered to Nisstec which is great to see
  • ARB bumpers for y62 patrol look to fit the new armada, but still unconfirmed
  • New Armada's do NOT have the HBMC. The QX80 does have the option for HBMC
  • I believe Gen 2 armada's took a step backwards in the front diff department and have the R180. You could swap an M205 into the front if need be.
  • 1610063772423.png

That's all i've got so far. Hoping others will chime in with info and this takes off!

Last edited:

Ghit

I'm glad this was started and I hope to see more interest in the 17+ Armada/Y62 patrol here in the states. I don't own one yet, but i'll contribute what I know thus far in my research. Might have to start making bumpers, skids and sliders for these if this becomes a popular platform!

• Confirmed that 18" wheels are as small as you can go, I've seen a few people throwing the older titan OEM wheels on for reference otherwise there is aftermarket such as the Method race wheels 305NV in Satin bronze 18 x 9” +18mm offset (pulled from a Y62 build thread)
  • Confirmed 35" tires will fit stock, 37" tires could fit with suspension and trimming
  • Total Chaos offers a front Y62 patrol UCA for added droop but unconfirmed if it fits the Armada
  • Rear Dobinson Coil Springs to compensate for air shocks Dobinsons C45-357 Rear Coil Springs or
  • Or alternatively I've read Moog 81085 springs for rear lift about the same as the dobinsons and are far cheaper
  • ARB suspension lift for Y62 is rumored to work, but unsure if this is confirmed
  • Dash offroad in Australia has a lift kit for HBMC vehicles and full armor setup that is now being delivered to Nisstec which is great to see
  • I believe Gen 2 armada's took a step backwards in the front diff department and have the R180. You could swap an M205 into the front if need be.
  • View attachment 635617

That's all i've got so far. Hoping others will chime in with info and this takes off!

• View attachment 635617

Ghit

What are the differences in the rear suspension ? I have a 2011 qx56 and the iron man shocks don’t list the 2011. I’ve spoken to them and they couldn’t tell me if they would work

toastyjosh

Adventurer
What are the differences in the rear suspension ? I have a 2011 qx56 and the iron man shocks don’t list the 2011. I’ve spoken to them and they couldn’t tell me if they would work
Yhis is what I found on there site when I put in a 2011 qx56

dra2120

Here is pic of my work in my progress:

20190621_104631-small.jpg

I'm still in the planning phase, but from what I've found:

Snorkel:

Bumpers:

https://arbusa.com/nissan-titan-2004-2015/bumpers-protection-equipment/ (I haven't actually seen this mounted on a QX56, but I think it should work)

Suspension:

Cooling:

The first Gens don't have much support, but there are companies out there. There is more when you add in parts made for the Titan, but even though these are older trucks they have been ignored for overlanding/modifying for so long it is kinda of a crap shoot as to which parts will work.

I am curious if I'm better off doing a 2" subframe drop, or 2" spring spacers for the rear lift on my truck.

toastyjosh

Adventurer
Check out these guys, do some measurements, take some pic and call them.

jimmythe3rd

Somebody on the Y62 Armada Facebook group replaced his rear air with the Bilstien 5165 (25-177480) shocks (and of course the aforementioned Moog springs). He also replaced the front shocks with Bilstiens (Titan shocks fit the front).

GViz

Looking for lighting options for 2nd gen armada

ditch lights (cant find a vendor that makes them)
led fog lamps on stock bumper (has this been done?)

thanks in advance

GViz

fog lamps on bumper or grill?

I was thinking something like this lamp mounted on the bumper of the LC200 but
past experiences tell me this will just flop around. The grill mounted lamp on the Qx is the better install because he used solid brackets.

Attachments

• E6CDAC75-7E97-4EF1-B86D-27655CBE80E7.jpeg
    E6CDAC75-7E97-4EF1-B86D-27655CBE80E7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • BDE13420-0BE4-4463-B5FC-27D3993AF918.jpeg
    BDE13420-0BE4-4463-B5FC-27D3993AF918.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles