Arkto Campers G12 Leads the Pack for Offroad Hybrid Pop-ups especially if you want it to fit in an 8-foot Garage

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

The 2023 Arkto has same very nice improvements. With current exchange rates in Canada and this crazy price gouging in the off road market these days these are worth a hard look.

ruadhrigh

any one spend any time in an Arkto? Everything looks great in the photos/videos, but just curious about any real-world feedback on the construction, layout, user friendliness etc.

Also trying to figure out a good way to carry two mountain bikes on/in the trailer. The new trailers have a 2" receiver but the trailer tongue is only 4' long so I wonder if a 1up bike rack would interfere with the tow vehicle. No real provisions on the rear for a rack. Maybe inside the trailer with the front wheels off?

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I have only seen an Arkto on a video chat. I believe 4 feet is actually fairly long for a tongue. I would assume that Aaron would not install a hitch receiver if it could not fit two mountain bikes especially with a one up hitch as they are fairly slim

EPO

any one spend any time in an Arkto? Everything looks great in the photos/videos, but just curious about any real-world feedback on the construction, layout, user friendliness etc.

Also trying to figure out a good way to carry two mountain bikes on/in the trailer. The new trailers have a 2" receiver but the trailer tongue is only 4' long so I wonder if a 1up bike rack would interfere with the tow vehicle. No real provisions on the rear for a rack. Maybe inside the trailer with the front wheels off?

Yes, I have spent several hours looking at and inside the Arkto and like in particular what they are doing with the new version that is scheduled to come out very soon if not already.

Layout is simply great, plenty of easily accessible drawers, cabinets and under bench storage, fantastic outside storage, kitchen is great. Can sleep in it with top down on the bench/table beds if one is having rough weather, grizzly country if thought to be necessary. When in bad weather, can sit up inside. Feels open and airy inside. Mattress is quite comfortable. Can have a winter package added. Good quality components.

Not crazy about the hitch but that might be able to be replaced with a DO 35 or such but may be a non issue; I'm just not used to it. No solar on top if that's your thing...need portable solar, each has plus and minuses.

It needs latches to hold the door open when the refrigerator is open as well as when it's closed. It's my understanding that this is going to be addressed.

Would like a few more lights/reflectors on the rear for safety.

The benches are higher by a few inches than I prefer (necessitated by their design) but I am not tall at all and can easily use some sort of feet support such as an upside crate or such on the floor.

From what I can tell, impeccable craftsmanship. And importantly, Aaron is very nice to speak with and that goes a long way with me.

I believe that this trailer would be good for extended travel (not permanent living if an inside shower and kitchen are desired). Not too simple, not too complicated. There is a couple on FB traveling with it.

So a couple of small minuses and a ton of pluses. That's a win.

Will also add that they update their website with new info and pics and the camper has nice curb appeal. Graphics have been improved since original version.

Obsessed's write up on the mechanics was spot on.

Last edited:

DirtElk

Just went to their site and it need a password now?
Any ideas what it is?
That was following the link posted the previous page of this thread.

No password needed

Arkto

In case anyone wants to take a closer look. We have finally uploaded a few videos.

And the site certainly shouldn't be password protected. Would love to know where that individual clicked to get that prompt.

Happy to answer any other questions.

Grassland

Didn’t see a hot link to the manufacturer anywhere above, so I’m posting it now:

When I click on this link it brings me to a page that says guest area, and has a password entry screen.

I blame this old phone running an obsolete OS with obsolete version of Chrome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz