ArkPak replacement

austintaco

Explorer
My current setup is a 620 that I have had since 2013 with a sears Diehard Platium group 31. I built the rear of my Flippac up around it. I liked the idea of the ArkPak, but I think it’s either going to go back for repair or I will have to go a different route. I have a separate fuse block from Blue Sea that everything in the back of my truck runs through and I have and Anderson plug that lets me connect the fuse block through the Ark Pak or power it from the truck when the Ark Pak is removed. I am waiting to hear back from Brett at AP about the cost of sending it back, but my question to the group is, is it worth it? I almost jumped on a Yeti system during REI’s sale, but I was still hoping it was a battery issue and not the ArkPak. Looking for long term opinions on the ArkPak and if I should invest more money into another one or try something new. Just spitballing and looking for advice.

dreadlocks

You can DIY something PDQ, Battery + Small Inverter + AC Charger + SOC Monitor + Case, done.. and then if anything fails or gives you issues, its repairable.

I built one in a milk crate w/room to spare, multiple anderson outlets, 350w inverter, blue sea fuse box, solar, the whole 9 yards.. seen other people do smaller batteries in ammo cans, pelican cases, etc.. If you can wire up your own fuse box in back of your truck this is just more of the same.

If your not very crafty, all you need is this:

then bolt a lil inverter to the outside of the box and get a cheap battery you can abuse and toss

Last edited:

austintaco

Explorer
I have saved a few threads and articles on making my own battery box. I even thought about cracking open the ArkPak and seeing if I can just wire in my own smart charger, but use the box and the plugs. My issue now is the time constraint with other repairs I have to do before our trip.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I use my ArPak as my second battery in my dual battery set up in my Porsche. In retrospect I could have just made my own .

austintaco

Explorer
I use my ArPak as my second battery in my dual battery set up in my Porsche. In retrospect I could have just made my own .
My current setup allows me to easily take the ArkPak out of the truck and move it to the garage or the closet where I have it on rollers and hooked up to 110. It has come in handy when we have lost power during storms. That’s what’s keeping me from going with a permanent mounted dual battery system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles