Ark Pak - Questions and Queries

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
This medium is designed for two-way communications.

Would be nice to not just get ads.

At least PM me with contact info to someone that can answer my questions?

Hi John

sorry for that i was in a rush to post up the offer we have coming up for black Friday we always let the forum users on this site know before anyone else does.

in answer to your question the Ark Pak AP730 will have no problem accepting the battle born LiFeP04 battery

Regards

Brett from Ark

moabian

This medium is designed for two-way communications.

Yes it is designed for 2-way communication. You received the answer to your question 3 months ago but chose to insist that there was a compatibility issue and people actually using the LiFePO4 batteries in the ArkPak didn't know what they were talking about.

To quote from my Aug. 28 answer to your post claiming they were incompatible: "I would have to say that since the ArkPak website states the 730 is "compatible with Lithium LiFePO4 batteries", there is a specific setting in the 730 for that battery type, and quite a few people have been using LiFePO4 batteries without issue in the 730, that the issue is resolved."

Criticizing Brett for not answering your question when the answer has been on the ArkPak website all along is absurd. And by the way, my Battleborn battery is still working perfectly in the ArkPak.

john61ct

Adventurer
Yes it is designed for 2-way communication. You received the answer to your question 3 months ago but chose to insist that there was a compatibility issue and people actually using the LiFePO4 batteries in the ArkPak didn't know what they were talking about.

To quote from my Aug. 28 answer to your post claiming they were incompatible: "I would have to say that since the ArkPak website states the 730 is "compatible with Lithium LiFePO4 batteries", there is a specific setting in the 730 for that battery type, and quite a few people have been using LiFePO4 batteries without issue in the 730, that the issue is resolved."

Criticizing Brett for not answering your question when the answer has been on the ArkPak website all along is absurd. And by the way, my Battleborn battery is still working perfectly in the ArkPak.
That's great. That previous feedback is what led me to seek an official answer, since in my previous discussions with the company they stated not.

But may have been another version, which is why I wanted clarification.

I also want to know if say a 100A charge / discharge current is OK, actual not nominal. Obviously not with BB but just wrt the Ark wiring.

I'd be willing to install an over-temp cutoff if that turned out to be a concern during my testing. Will already need to use heating pads during extreme cold, so the relay / contactor will already be in place.

I only use user-custom adjustable charge inputs for LFP, these days only bring my LFP banks up to 3.45Vpc in normal use, so pretty sure using the Ark's internal charging circuitry is not of interest.

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi John 61ct

to Answer your Question the Ark Pak external input charging current or discharge current would be limited to 80 amps continuous.

i have checked the battle born specs and its max output is 200 Amps for max of 30 seconds so if your items needs 100 Amps to operate continuous then the battle born battery will not be suitable the link i used is below for the specs.

https://battlebornbatteries.com/shop/12v-lifepo4-deep-cycle-battery/

if you have any more questions please ask.

Regards

Brett from ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
New #574
Hi all

with Christmas fast approaching i just wanted you too all know that Ark will be closed from Friday 12/21/18 and will re open on Wednesday 01/02/2019 if you want to place an oline order the online orders will be processed and sent out but will be closed on the public holidays, your post and emails will be looked at after we re open in 2019.

thank you for your help support and questions during 2018.

shutdown2018-USA.jpg

Regards

Brett from Ark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior