Arizona is on FIRE!

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
It's that time of year again. I always get a little bit on anxiety when fire season comes around. I have a lot of friends in the unincorporated areas of San Diego and their houses are usually close to most fires in the area.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
24 fires here, already burned/burning 300,000 acres. Numerous communities are under some level of evacuation warnings.

Most of the popular USFS forests here are fully closed, with some predicted closed until September! Fourth of July camping choices look pretty bad. Some highways are closed also. Yesterday I-10 was closed east of Tucson for a while too.

We’re off to a very bad start to our growing longer and longer fire season.

F6C096FD-E223-4510-944A-010B6D239B64.jpeg

51DCCEB1-7062-4819-A88D-A2FF118EC3E9.jpeg

Last edited:

billiebob

2017, the year of record forest fires in BC was the year I quit having a campfire, amazingly I have come to enjoy the dark night sky more than a crackling fire. I doubt I'll ever bother having another campfire, our hobby has started far too many forest fires.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
This just in….the Prescott NF is AZ is also closing.
Parts of the Tonto NF also closing/closed.

and the beat goes on…

Last edited:

Heading Out

Adventurer
I hope everyone on here stays safe, and I can relate...
With a lifetime living in SoCal, I personally know 5 families that
have lost homes in various wild fires over the years.
I moved from a place that wildfire burned 6 months later and it was in town.
sad and scary stuff.

Reactions: WVI

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
It's that time of year again. I always get a little bit on anxiety when fire season comes around. I have a lot of friends in the unincorporated areas of San Diego and their houses are usually close to most fires in the area.
I'm in Clairemont the wooded canyon parallel to 52 between 805 and 5 is ready for some weak assed pyro to torch. I wouldn't fault the Forest Service to severly limit into our pristine areas in the West.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior