Are you kidding me? Up to $7000 off MSRP on Wrangler Unlimiteds!

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
You can save big money on a new .... Jeep Wranglers
Mark Phelan

Looking for a great deal on a new car? Buying site iSeecars.com has some tips on what models to look for to save up to 52% off MSRP.

You’d be surprised at how many new cars from previous model years are still on dealers’ lots as the 2020 models start rolling into dealerships … and how much you can save by picking one.

Buying the previous model year is one of the best ways to get a deal on a new car, truck or SUV. Demand falls when the new models start arriving, and dealers’ inventory costs pile up to the point that the vehicles cost them money every day they sit on the lot.

The list of available vehicles includes popular and prestigious models like the Jeep Wrangler and Porsche Macan.
Here are the 10 vehicles with the largest proportions of inventory still made up of 2018 models as of August 2019:
  • Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 19.5% of inventory
  • Jeep Wrangler 16.8%
  • Jeep Compass 7.7%
If you’re looking for a good deal, start with that list. They all exceed the national average of 4% for dealers’ inventory of 2018s, based on iSeecars’ analysis of 2 million vehicle listings.

The Nos. 1 and 2 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and Wrangler were probably victims of a big price jump on the all-new model, and increased production capacity.
ISeecars.com says a dealer — it won’t say where — was offering $7,000 off MSRP for its 2018 Wrangler Unlimited.

Last edited:

Jurfie

Adventurer
Not surprising; people want shiny new things when they buy shiny new things so their neighbour knows they got a new car. :rolleyes:

Great opportunity for those who are happy to stick with the JK/JKU and aren't picky about colour or options.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Not surprising; people want shiny new things when they buy shiny new things so their neighbour knows they got a new car. :rolleyes:

Great opportunity for those who are happy to stick with the JK/JKU and aren't picky about colour or options.
As they reference the Wrangler was likely a victim of a price jump due to a new model, I understood it to mean they were referencing JL's. Perhaps I misunderstood.

docwatson

Adventurer
They continued to sell the JKU as a 2018 vehicle so my guess is that the leftover inventory is new 2018 JK/JKUs as people were buying the new model (JL). Similar to their comment on the Macan. The model was refreshed so why buy the old one.

verdesard0g

Search and Rescue first responder
That just goes to show you how much all the middle men as well as the factory are making off of the newest car sales :)

Bobzdar

Observer
Well, if typical Jeep mentality prevails: JL < JK < TJ < YJ < CJ. ;)

I'd rather have a late CJ than a non fuel injected YJ or a late TJ than a non pentastar JK. Otherwise they keep getting better. I've owned all but a JK, skipped that generation as it never had what I wanted until the JL came out. I'd argue now it's JT>JL>JK>TJ>YJ>CJ, though.

There are several dealers around the country that are offering 6-7% below dealer cost yes dealer cost not Msrp on any jeep ordered my 2018 jlu rubicon from a dealer in Idaho. There are 2 there 1 in Vegas and one more In Virginia doing the same thing. That i know of

Jurfie

Adventurer
I'd rather have a late CJ than a non fuel injected YJ or a late TJ than a non pentastar JK. Otherwise they keep getting better. I've owned all but a JK, skipped that generation as it never had what I wanted until the JL came out. I'd argue now it's JT>JL>JK>TJ>YJ>CJ, though.

Oh, I agree and was being facetious. Reading the forums, owners of TJs all said the JKs sucked when they came out; now all JK owners are saying the JLs suck. Well not really “all”, but you get my point. I used to chuckle when I saw TJ-owners would eventually “plug their noses” to buy a JK as their daily driver so their TJ can be a dedicated trail rig, then start modding their JK and eventually sell the TJ. Now those same people are bestowing the JK as the “last real Jeep” and turning up their noses at the JL. I’m sure the same will happen when the next model comes out.

That’s one of the reasons I stopped frequenting those forums and stick around here; I find there are fewer trolls and model-snobs. ;)

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Oh, I agree and was being facetious. Reading the forums, owners of TJs all said the JKs sucked when they came out; now all JK owners are saying the JLs suck. Well not really “all”, but you get my point. I used to chuckle when I saw TJ-owners would eventually “plug their noses” to buy a JK as their daily driver so their TJ can be a dedicated trail rig, then start modding their JK and eventually sell the TJ. Now those same people are bestowing the JK as the “last real Jeep” and turning up their noses at the JL. I’m sure the same will happen when the next model comes out.

That’s one of the reasons I stopped frequenting those forums and stick around her; I find there are fewer trolls and model-snobs. ;)

You could say the same thing about Land Cruiser...

It's hard work to keep it that way, trust me... some people will throw a comment like "So which is better" just to stir the pot it seems like.

:)

docwatson

Adventurer
I thought we'd all agreed that the LJ was the best ever. Anything older is too spartan and unrefined. Anything newer is too fancy w/ too many doors. YJs don't count because they have square headlights.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I like the simplicity of the YJ's but their axles are made out of wood. TJ's and JK's don't have enough legroom. TJ grill and hood fits the YJ, last time I checked. And all of those parts will be due for replacement by now anyways......

So no, was a legit, ''are the new ones better?'' Seems the new ones need some armor added underneath, and some still have cheesey axles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke