Are there no moderators here?

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Maybe time to change to a half decent forum software then. I'm a mod on a few forums. Ban users and delete their posts is a couple of clicks in every one I use.

As Christian said, the new forum software has a one-click delete all.

But there's a bug and the button isn't working. Not surprising considering it's a fresh install of a diffferent forum software...with a complete import/conversion of a pretty big database no less. (My guess...it's a permissions issue.)

There is no magic wand in IT, and no matter how many all-nighters you pull, someone will ********** that they can't find their pics of grandma's cat ot their Hello Kitty wallpaper - instead of saying thanks like they should.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
all right guys thanks for your patience on this. I think I have cleaned up everything. For now, I also turned on the manually approval of new members so there shouldn't be any spammers joining.

Coachgeo

Explorer
You might find with a bulletin board this big the "manually approve" can be a massive job if you don't disseminate the task. Might should consider the "answer question correctly" method of approval and change question often and randomly. Even changing the question and answer several times a day would be less work than trying to approve folk manually IMHO.

screwball48

Explorer
all right guys thanks for your patience on this. I think I have cleaned up everything. For now, I also turned on the manually approval of new members so there shouldn't be any spammers joining.

Thank you Christian. The effort is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
You might find with a bulletin board this big the "manually approve" can be a massive job if you don't disseminate the task. Might should consider the "answer question correctly" method of approval and change question often and randomly. Even changing the question and answer several times a day would be less work than trying to approve folk manually IMHO.

Yes we had that before. I will probably revert to that but for now I want to get a sense of how much new registrations we get, and how many are legit.

Coachgeo

Explorer
Yes we had that before. I will probably revert to that but for now I want to get a sense of how much new registrations we get, and how many are legit.
getting a sense of it good idea. When you revert back; IMHO, The secret is in the changing the question random # of times each month, at random times of day, random days of the week.

NCFJ

Adventurer
I am 58 and just computer savy enough to stubble through the basics.

A Question,

What financial benefit is there in people doing this sort of thing to a web site? If there is no financial benefit these people doing it are just idiots hunched over a computer in their mom's basement? I am applying logic, which may be why I don't get it.

Airmapper

Inactive Member
I am 58 and just computer savy enough to stubble through the basics.

A Question,

What financial benefit is there in people doing this sort of thing to a web site? If there is no financial benefit these people doing it are just idiots hunched over a computer in their mom's basement? I am applying logic, which may be why I don't get it.

Spamming or Moderating?

Sadly people tend to use the same accusation for both. :rolleyes:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Where did you come up with the 5 number? If that’s all there is, then I think it’s time to recruit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94