Are the chineseade warn and smittybilt winches holding up?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
My big 15,500 X20 smitty is holding up fine so far.

Have yet to use it for a stuck, but have extracted a couple of vehicles out of the ditch as well as winched some enormous trees out of the woods on the property with it.
Worked it hard enough to realize that I really need an idle control to do it right. Its a hungry winch.

Hnoroian

Observer
I have a Smittybilt x20 10k and it works great, a few stuck truck (1/2 ton) pulling the full length and dragging up the utility trailer on the property hill twice a month for the last three years. It is holding up great. I keep it out of the sun and weather with a wooden box cover. Replaced the battery in The wireless controller only once.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
You should check out this link by Top well known Journo Mark Allen who is a Member Here, He tested multiple whinches and alot of the Chinese Rebranded Winches came through tops, And One of them even Won the Test over Warn and Superwinch etc,

If Mark says it's good you can bet he's right,

Hope that helps.

blueberry.taco

i've pulled pretty hard and long on my smitty X2OS over the years and it's never given me issues aside from the wireless controller sometimes just stops working at all. Always works perfectly once plugged in.
And each time smittybilt customer service has been super helpful and promptly shipped me a replacement (no charge to me) that works without issue for a while.
The latest one has been going strong for about 3 years now but would still prefer to not have anything go wrong, regardless of if the wired backup option works fine.
I'll be going with a Warn for the main winch in my new rig, but will probably use a X2O again for a rear winch to save some cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94