Are my eyes deceiving me? Advertized as a SR5 but looks like an Off Road

Old Tanker

There were no ORs in 2011. That's a Trail, not an SR5, and 4x4, not AWD as the posting indicates. Photos show the rear locker switch and multi-terrain select. VIN checks out as a Trail, from what I could see.

Those kinds of errors suggest scammer so proceed carefully ?

looking at what other cars they sell, i'm a bit dubious about that place especially because of where they're located. it's pretty far from my place, going there to buy it would be a PITA.

im thinking i'm going to hold off. but now i know the Trail from 2010-2014 is a good option for me.

jmodz

The rust on the bolts and latch on the rear trunk opening suggest a larger issue on the frame. But maybe that’s just the cost of buying a car in Quebec. I’d proceed with caution on this one.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
The rust on the bolts and latch on the rear trunk opening suggest a larger issue on the frame. But maybe that’s just the cost of buying a car in Quebec. I’d proceed with caution on this one.
That doesn't look like rust, it looks like red dirt. One bolt is clean, and the rubber stops half way up are red as well. It is even on the bottom of the lift gate arms where they get oily.

jwiereng

Yep. My 2015 was sold as SR5. But it has e locker, ATRAC, KDSS and crawl control, cargo tray slide.

Vin lookup shows SR5.

It can pay to look at the details. You might be looking at something that is better than your seller realizes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles