ARE Commercial Camper shell for Tacoma

streetstalkerwj

Hello, I have an ARE Tacoma Commercial type camper. It is equipped with full swinging rear doors which provide easy access to the bed. Also the shell has flip-up doors on either side for more organized storage for bins and small tools/parts. This shell also features full bed lighting front and rear with a switch capable of turning both or just one of the lights on. The shell is not a standard fiberglass shell. Its frame consists of welded aluminum square stock with thin gauge steel riveted exterior, which means it can handle more frequent use. The shell is approximately 6-8" taller than the roof line. It is white in color, as typical with commercial applications. This shell came off of my 04 Tacoma with 6ft bed. I know for sure that it will fit an 01-04 Model range Toyota Tacoma with extended cab,and will not fit double-cab bed. I bought the truck with shell affixed and thought I would use it more for ski trips/camping but this has not been the case as my girlfriend drives the truck and the shell creates a blind spot for her. Ideally this shell would best suit a handyman type or electrician, painter, framer and plumber. However this shell would also be a great starter set-up for an expedition vehicle build and the possibilities are endless. Apparently this shell retails well over $2,000 new but I have not confirmed. My price is negotiable but I think it is fairly priced as is, but cash talks, and also would be willing to negotiate price if I could take your tailgate hardware and catches so I can put my tailgate back on. Please call me with any questions at 707-696-3260 or email with any questions. Price $950 Thank you
streetstalkerwj
[/URL][/IMG]
streetstalkerwj
[/URL][/IMG]

Bella PSD

Explorer
Yep that ARE DCU cap retails for around $2400 and makes a great all around cap. I don't now what I would do without all the tool bins and such. The rear doors are awesome for accessing things in the bed too.

Last edited:

pyrate

Rollin' along
Hello, I have an ARE Tacoma Commercial type camper. It is equipped with full swinging rear doors which provide easy access to the bed. Also the shell has flip-up doors on either side for more organized storage for bins and small tools/parts. This shell also features full bed lighting front and rear with a switch capable of turning both or just one of the lights on. The shell is not a standard fiberglass shell. Its frame consists of welded aluminum square stock with thin gauge steel riveted exterior, which means it can handle more frequent use. The shell is approximately 6-8" taller than the roof line. It is white in color, as typical with commercial applications. This shell came off of my 04 Tacoma with 6ft bed. I know for sure that it will fit an 01-04 Model range Toyota Tacoma with extended cab,and will not fit double-cab bed. I bought the truck with shell affixed and thought I would use it more for ski trips/camping but this has not been the case as my girlfriend drives the truck and the shell creates a blind spot for her. Ideally this shell would best suit a handyman type or electrician, painter, framer and plumber. However this shell would also be a great starter set-up for an expedition vehicle build and the possibilities are endless. Apparently this shell retails well over $2,000 new but I have not confirmed. My price is negotiable but I think it is fairly priced as is, but cash talks, and also would be willing to negotiate price if I could take your tailgate hardware and catches so I can put my tailgate back on. Please call me with any questions at 707-696-3260 or email with any questions. Price $950 Thank you
streetstalkerwj
[/URL][/IMG]
streetstalkerwj
[/URL][/IMG]

Is this still for sale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94