Are Bullbar ilegal in California?

framallo

Hi,

I'm planning to put a bullbar in my truck and drive in California and I heard they might lot be legal in California.

Is that true?

Anyway, I have Mexican licence plates and drive to the west coast a few times a year.

This is my truck
F9EC6A38-189D-4D11-A705-51C7F1DBF231.jpeg
and I'm planning to add a bullbar like 04171354-A48A-4C44-970D-337EC968002B.jpeg

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Pretty sure that it's based on where the vehicle is registered and the safety laws for that locale, not where you are traveling to. Not only that, but ARB are actually DOT legal. There are plenty of guys on here who live in that state and have bumpers who can chime in.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I wish i had a brand new Mighty Max/Triton, nice truck dude. The bullbar is probably more legal than the truck ha ha ha. Joking

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Bull bars are legal. The only issue is height of lights. I think lights have to be below 40” from the ground to be legally used on pavement. So clear covers might be a violation if the lights are higher. I’ve never seen this enforced, but it’s why aftermarket companies make solid opaque covers for their lights

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
That's awesome, if only we weren't so stupid in the US about pickup trucks. Personally i'd like the new Montero Sport from Mexico with V6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior