Are Alu-Box bear proof ?

1000arms

That was awesome! I mean not a fan of these animals being locked up so I won't get into that but at least they seem to have a hint of enjoyment in what they are doing.

Could watch that stuff all day long; thanks for sharing!
I think all of the animals at the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center are ones that got in to trouble regarding human food, and would have been killed if they were unable to go there, but I'm not a fan of keeping animals locked up either.

That being said, it does look like the bears enjoy their "job"! :cool:

And they are helping humans make better choices which is good for the bears and for the humans. :)

You are quite welcome!

Yeah, I'm all about it; just mean seeing animals in captivity period but yes, I surely understand why these bubbas are serving time and getting to have some playtime with best choices. Hence why I am all about having the right gear and the support of those who enforce these laws.

1000arms

Yeah, I'm all about it; just mean seeing animals in captivity period but yes, I surely understand why these bubbas are serving time and getting to have some playtime with best choices. Hence why I am all about having the right gear and the support of those who enforce these laws.
Check out Make sure you set the video to 720P. (Or possibly higher for videos below.)

Also, webcam links: https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm

Those were awesome; thanks for sharing. I have the links saved now.

Bear Jam; damn that could have went south really quickly. Those people were lucky it was "that" bear cuz getting that many opportunities like that with a mamma bear in distress has to be a world record! :oops:

1000arms

Those were awesome; thanks for sharing. I have the links saved now.

Bear Jam; damn that could have went south really quickly. Those people were lucky it was "that" bear cuz getting that many opportunities like that with a mamma bear in distress has to be a world record! :oops:
You are welcome. In Yellowstone NP, the adult male bears often stay away from the roads and the crowds, so, the mother bears often wind up by the roads staying away from the big male bears for the safety of their cubs. One problem is that the bears may grow up without fear of vehicles, which can lead to them being struck and killed. No, that isn't the world record, even for just Yellowstone NP. Watch the video on this webpage: https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/nature/grizzlybear.htm (Bears: A Yellowstone Love Story)

You will likely enjoy these two as well:

There is also the article https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...killed-hit-and-run-grand-teton-national-park/

And here is something you probably don't see every day. https://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2010/11/bear-vs-bison-yellowstone-chase-down/

Last edited:

Trailwerx

I built a small trailer based around a small aluminum cargo box to haul behind my Rokon. I use it as a grub box on remote trail building jobs in Alaska. I've had good-sized black bears try to get in several times with no luck. They did leave some nice scratches, though. Also I use a Yeti Tundra 45 cooler with two padlocks which has withstood bear incursions too (so far). But... I have not yet had a grizzly or coastal brown bear try to get in, I am hedging my bets on that one. I also use an electric bear fence around my camps but it's kind of a pain to set up and take down each time you move camp. You likely won't have any problems along the road system in Alaska if you keep a clean camp and put everything away at night. Many of the developed campgrounds here have bear-proof food lockers and trash bins too. If a bear starts giving you problems, the best thing to do is move camp somewhere else.

Attachments

• IMG_1682.JPG
    IMG_1682.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne