ARB vs. CVT awnings and rooms

86scotty

Cynic
My apologies if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it. I'm looking for the right awning and add-a-room for my Sportsmobile van. I love the Foxwing but it is out of production for the next 6 months, I hear, and I really don't want to wait that long.

Question 1. Are the ARB and CVT (Cascadia Vehicle Tents) awnings identical other than the case? ARB has a gray outer bag and CVT a black outer bag. I'm in favor of the black but the CVT awning is $35 more. That's the only difference I can see.

Question 2. Does anyone know if the tents (and probably awning fabric) are the exact same color and material? I actually would not mind paying the $35 more for the CVT awning to get the black case, but CVT wants $425 for their add-a-room (fully enclosed walls w/ floor and ceiling) and ARB only wants $185. I would not be opposed to mixing and matching but only if the material color matches. I can see in the pictures I've been able to find that the CVT room does look to be a little better made, with full length doors on the 3 outer sides vs. 1 with the ARB, but I won't use this all that often and can live with one door.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
ARB is known for their excellent customer support and being born of thunderstorms and Bruce Lee movies. I do not know about the differences in materials, but when you're doing the volume of business ARB is in the US with lockers and OME suspension, it's a lot cheaper for the ARB Touring gear to hitch a ride in the containers headed this way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior