ARB Twin Compressor Install and Decked system

highwest

I currently like the clean look of the interior without additional switches, and I don’t really want to cut into the dash to install the switch.
I felt the same way and removed the whole solenoid/switch circuit that the ARB compressor came with and replaced it with a waterproof switch located next to the compressor in the engine bay.

bikelanta

Adventurer
I realized that I hadn’t come back here with photos from the portable installation I did. I used a case from Harbor Freight. Right now the wiring is a mess because I haven’t taken the time to reduce it down to just what I need for an on/off switch. It’s still the entire harness. Also discovered that I need to connect the ignition wire to the battery when I turn it on, otherwise the included ARB switch won’t work. Overall, I think it works for now. I’m leaning towards doing an engine bay install after all. Will use this for a bit though.

37EAB8D9-B2C1-4B51-AC49-0648F1AC6507.jpeg

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
Great! Thank you. Did you need to install the manifold for it to work?

I like where you have the switches mounted. I wonder if you could even clip it over that lip instead of doing a screw mount.

No, no need to install the manifold. I am planning on adding front and rear ARB lockers and will run the air hoses to the manifold. Regarding the electronics on the fuse box, everything is stuck on with 10 pound double sided tape. Dethloff Manufacturing is coming up with a permanent (and ************) solution to house and control all the wiring necessary for a complete overland build under the hood of a Ram 1500/2500/3500. Will post pics when he releases it as I'm #1 on the list.

bikelanta

Adventurer
Well, after all this discussion, I went ahead and ordered the NH Overland engine bay bracket. The deciding factor was looking at how much room the case was taking up in the drawers and knowing that I could recapture the space if I mounted the compressor in the engine bay.

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
Well, after all this discussion, I went ahead and ordered the NH Overland engine bay bracket. The deciding factor was looking at how much room the case was taking up in the drawers and knowing that I could recapture the space if I mounted the compressor in the engine bay.

Can you shoot over a link for the bracket? Curious.

TwinStick

Explorer
All air compressors, especially compact HOutput ones, have the same enemy - HEAT ! If you can, install a 12v fan for it. It will pay for itself in the long run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94