ARB Twin 12 Volt Air Compressor -CKMTA12- Troubleshooting

unsung

One of my winter projects was to get one of these installed and I did so in my Land Cruiser using Slee’s second battery tray and mount. After install everything ran as expected and continued to do other things for an upcoming trip. Went to show a buddy the system and it won’t turn on. This has zero actual field time, everything was garage time. So it is really still brand new.

Ran through the ARB troubleshooter and Step 2 has you direct wire to the battery and bump check the two motors. Nothing. Directions say to call ARB for further instructions and it says the problem is internal.

I have 12vdc for my switch output and also power from the battery at both harness connections. Wondering if anyone has experienced this before and how they handled it, how it was fixed, how long turnaround was, and primarily what went wrong to avoid similar situations in the future.

Thanks.

unsung

Looks like your circuit breaker is open? I'm sure you know that though.

I opened everything when I pulled out my battery. It is internal to the compressor, calling them in a few minutes when they open up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles