ARB threaded socket

AlumniCU

I have the ARB fridge wiring kit and the 12v threaded socket. I want to be able to use the same ARB female socket to connect to a battery box or the fridge. Is the male ARB 12v socket (pictured) a standard socket that I can order online or is it proprietary to ARB?
dda2cf8e8b73ff07d474ebae1878dc7b.jpg
dd78fae89549c4fea11aa716ce925534.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superduty

Adventurer
I might have one of those. I'm pretty sure that's what I cut off when I switched mine over to the Anderson connector. I need to check through my stuff.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

AlumniCU

I might have one of those. I'm pretty sure that's what I cut off when I switched mine over to the Anderson connector. I need to check through my stuff.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Anderson is my other option.

Seems cleaner to have the one wire running for the starter battery to the back, where I can use the ARB socket directly for the fridge, or directly into a DC/DC converter in a battery box (and run fridge from the ARB female socket already installed in the battery box).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leucadiacruiser

Beach N Toys Chapter TLCA
Bringing this one back from the dad - did you ever find a response? I can't tell if this is the same plug/outlet as the Engel here. Hoping to just get the outlet to use in my solar box.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
These plugs and sockets were/are an Original ENGEL Part, In one way they are better than the Anderson setup because you can use the threaded sock or the standard socket, You can buy them direct from ARB or ENGEL and Also DOMETIC are using them also,

Anderson plugs are ok but if you need power from a standard outlet ya Stuffed even more so if you need to plug in to someone else's vehicle Unless you build up a couple of varying adapters then you'll be good to go, Anderson plugs are only good for heavy draw outlets.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I searched and hoped this thread would have the answer to the original question. Didn’t seemed answered — here is what I found at a bargain from Amazon. Now I can build my own coil cord fridge plug. The two plug style should fit the Dometic PLB40 power unit.

BANDC 12V/24V DC Power Engel Fridge Socket for 4WD 4x4 Camper Caravan Trailer Marine Boat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HOI0MJ4/ref=cm_sw_r_em_tai_v4vFFb33TY7CJ
I did Answer the Question as to what it is, I said it is an ARB/ENGEL Plug and Socket and if you read the Title in that Link you posted you will see that it Says That, And If you contact ARB or ENGEL they Sell them, I bought 3 of them and Fridge Leads about a year ago,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles