ARB Single Air Compressor

RainGoat

I have one new in the box. Went with a twin instead.
Curious why the twin? Given airing up is fairly infrequent, I don’t get why people are spending what is significantly more (& bulkier) for the twin. Is it just speed?

trabs00

Lifetime Social Distancer
Curious why the twin? Given airing up is fairly infrequent, I don’t get why people are spending what is significantly more (& bulkier) for the twin. Is it just speed?

I run 37's and I end up airing up / down depending on conditions. Going from 15 psi to 45 psi (E-rated) takes a long time!

RainGoat

I run 37's and I end up airing up / down depending on conditions. Going from 15 psi to 45 psi (E-rated) takes a long time!
Ah, I hadn’t realized it was that much faster. My trucks only run 10-12 x 32-33” C rated tires & we rarely air up more than once a day. I can see your needs are greater, hopefully the CKMA12 will be sufficient for me - it’s smaller size makes it infinitely easier to mount in my smaller truck - but an ARB will just work easier with my ARB locker too. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Yorkdiver

I ran a twin with a tank. Could run air tools off of it. Plus, with the tank I could do mine and usually 2 or 3 others in the same time as a single.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RainGoat

I ran a twin with a tank. Could run air tools off of it. Plus, with the tank I could do mine and usually 2 or 3 others in the same time as a single.
That’s interesting, I was considering plumbing a 2g tank but I now know of 3 people who are pulling their tanks as they say they couldn’t run tools for more than a very brief time & the tank basically only sped up one tire & then was out. As a general rule, I don’t travel in groups bigger than 3 (& that’s 2 more than my usual for the past 25 years) & we usually only air up once a day on average. Still, your observations are good to know. I think only one of the 3 I knew with a tank had a twin compressor & with all these large groups these days, it makes more sense to me why they rave about the twin compressor - it really makes a difference for their needs, which were not needs that came readily to my mind. Thanks for the input!

Yorkdiver

That’s interesting, I was considering plumbing a 2g tank but I now know of 3 people who are pulling their tanks as they say they couldn’t run tools for more than a very brief time & the tank basically only sped up one tire & then was out. As a general rule, I don’t travel in groups bigger than 3 (& that’s 2 more than my usual for the past 25 years) & we usually only air up once a day on average. Still, your observations are good to know. I think only one of the 3 I knew with a tank had a twin compressor & with all these large groups these days, it makes more sense to me why they rave about the twin compressor - it really makes a difference for their needs, which were not needs that came readily to my mind. Thanks for the input!

The twin with a tank was enough to get a tire off provided that the bolts weren’t seized. The twin usually kept the tank topped up enough to quickly do 33s. Didn’t ever do anything bigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles