ARB shout out

I just want to give a shout out to the folks up at ARB.

I bought a lightly used (only a few months old) ARB 50 qt fridge off of a guy on Craigslist. It was out of town, so I had a buddy complete the transaction and ship it to me. He packed it well and insured it with UPS.

It arrived a few days later and UPS had seriously damaged it and the box was pretty hammered. I plugged it in(110v) and went about filing a damage claim with UPS. It seemed to work ok, but you could see that there were some loose items behind the screen. UPS promptly DENIED MY CLAIM.

I bought it mostly for an upcoming trip to Baja. So we packed up and made the drive to Southern CA. About halfway there, my daughter noticed the the check light was flashing. I thought maybe there just wasnt enought power coming from the 12v plug in the cab of the truck.

After checking all of the wiring and proving a direct connection to the battery, i was getting the same error. I called ARB and explained the situation. They asked if it was under warranty and I told them my story. Instead of taking the same approach as UPS, they sent me a new controller to test out and let me know how small of an inverter I could use to get by on my trip.

I returned from a successful Baja trip and the fridge worked fine on an inverter and 110v. ARB shipped me a new controller that UPS damaged just like they said they would. I swapped it out and now have a fridge that works on 110v and 12v.

ARB was great. UPS Not.

Spend the money on an ARB and ask them to ship it USPS, or FEDEX.

THANKS

trailscape

Explorer
Good to hear some awesome customer service stories. I do love my ARB fridge and it's good to know they stand by their products.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
They do indeed. I had a sensor go bad in my fridge, and ARB replaced the entire fridge with the newer version. Sweet!

4x4BNB

Adventurer
Kind of the same story but with an compressor I got as gift. It was an older model and NEVER used. I installed it and it would shut off. They gave me a new relay. After I replaced the relay, a bolt inside broke off and damaged the unit. Since I work close to them...I took it in. They confirmed that it had been never used, or hardly used, and they gave me a newer model free of charge. They said that they had learned that the bolt on the older model was weak. So on the newer model, they upgraded the bolt. So they just gave me a new, upgraded, compressor. :)
Great guys. Awesome customer service.

spikemd

Explorer
My ARB 50 qt has been running everyday for 4 years. Either on 110v at home or in the truck on 12v. They make high quality items. In contrast, I know 2 friends with edgestars and both have broken down, one of them twice. You get what you pay for.

Glad to hear their customer service is as good as their products.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Good on ARB; I love my ARB fridge.

Bad on UPS. I hate UPS. I do worldwide logistics on very expensive/delicate mission-critical electronics and use FedEx exclusively. They've earned and maintain my loyalty & respect.
I have a saying for UPS; "how can Brown let you down".

LR Max

Local Oaf
Good on ARB; I love my ARB fridge.

Bad on UPS. I hate UPS. I do worldwide logistics on very expensive/delicate mission-critical electronics and use FedEx exclusively. They've earned and maintain my loyalty & respect.
I have a saying for UPS; "how can Brown let you down".

Indeed. My favorite was walking into the FEDEX store at 6pm with a 120 lb valve that had to be across the country as early as possible. When I saw they had a next day 8am delivery option, I asked for that. She said it was going to cost a lot. I asked if they took AMEX.

Customer had it 8:02am the next day. They were able to get back up and running. Happy customer!

ARB makes great gear. I've hit like, three deer with my bumper. I want one of their fridges now.

colierar

Observer
Actually today I have been debating on which brand awning to buy for my truck. After reading this, it will be an ARB. Nice post, its good to hear good things about companies instead of all the negative.

4x4BNB

Adventurer
Love my ARB awning :). Simple to use, light weight but tough...still waiting to use the mosquito net though

84scrambler

Observer
Would like to give another plus to ARB to there fridge. I purchase mine when it first came out several years ago. That thing has been on dozens of trips and when its not wheeling its plugged into the AC outlet in my living room the remainder of the time. Non stop use and keeping everything cold, go ARB. Also a really nice thing because this compressor is so efficient I hardly see a dent in my electric bill when running this thing.

Just be careful with the power settings for the battery management, I put mine to the middle setting and I was able to kill my battery enough with the fridge to where I didn't have enough juice to turn over the engine. Always carry jumper cables so no harm done.

Ghost65

Allergic to Pavement
Kudos to ARB...what a GREAT way to build customer LOYALTY in a very competitive market!

Best mod I have installed in my Xterra...and like others, use it out of the rig for extra storage space in the home during parties, or as a man cave fridge whilst working on other "projects."

Last year at the expo my ARB awning got caught by the wind and was flipped over the jeep and one of the vertical poles bent and broke. Walked up to the ARB booth and explained the situation and that it would be a while before I was home. the guy told me to come by on Sunday. He gave me 2 poles for rest of trip when I went back sunday.

htek

Observer
Another happy ARB customer here... I've shared this before, but it bears repeating.

I cracked the manifold on my ARB compressor because I over tightened the pipe fitting. Clearly my fault and I admitted as much when I called to purchase a replacement. ARB shipped me a new part for FREE. No questions asked.

1 ARB compressor, 2 ARB lockers, and I couldn't be happier. Unfortunately I couldn't quite justify the $300 price gap between the ARB fridge and the Indel B I bought. If I had a bit more money, I would have just sprung for the ARB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior