ARB RTT Floor cracking?

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Hi there,

Has anyone ever had a ARB Sompson 3 that had a cracked floor from normal usage? Just wondering....

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
How old is the tent? i.e. what vintage of Simpson III?

There were some tents that had floor issues that were sold 3-4 years ago. If you are the original purchaser I would consult the shop you bought it from and go from there.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Hey Kurt! Thanks for your answer. I will see what my dealer says.... In the meantime, do you know if the black plastic is just a protective layer or will it actually compromise the strength of the tent? What did ARB do back then? Was there a recall?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
It is simply a layer, the tent has an aluminum frame. Some simply ignored it, some sealed it with a flexible sealer (silicone), others swapped the plastic to something with more give.

Juanblzer

Observer
I bought my Simpson 3 this past may and the floor is cracking. I bought new from desert rat offroad centers. Is it something Arb would warranty? I'm still paying for this thing on my credit card :(
I have like 4 trips with it

TurboChris

Adventurer
I bought my Simpson 3 this past may and the floor is cracking. I bought new from desert rat offroad centers. Is it something Arb would warranty? I'm still paying for this thing on my credit card :(
I have like 4 trips with it

Did you ever get an answer to this? A RTT this new having the floor crack is a disturbing occurrence. Hoping you got taken care of.

Juanblzer

Observer
yes,
ARB replaced the tent. It was kind of a hassle. I contacted turtlebacktrailers.com (they are phoenix locals) and I asked if they had any cardboard that I could wrap up my old tent with (ARB said I needed to package up my old tent and I definitely didn't have the box anymore). Turtlebacktrailers hooked me up with plenty of cardboard to make a big package and I strapped it onto an old pallet I had in the yard.

Bonus:
the new simpson 3 tent comes with the annex as a kit! Free annex for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles