ARB Outback Solution Drawer Organization (show me you set up and load plan)

mattpayne11

Thanks for sharing looks great. Do you have any issues opening the fridge lid once the slide is pulled out? I have a 4 runner with 8” Goose gear drawers. Looking at SCT or AT fridge combo slide with a NL 52/55L. Just wondered if you can fully open the fridge lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issues opening the fridge, it's almost perfect! I actually measured it all before buying to make sure it would work.

SnoRnR

No issues opening the fridge, it's almost perfect! I actually measured it all before buying to make sure it would work.

Awesome what’s the height of the Arb drawer you have the fridge mounted on?

mattpayne11

Thanks for the quick reply I just had a quick look. My drawers at 8” high. Do you think another 2.5” on top of you height would still allow the fridge lid to open and clear the rear hatch?

It would not work. I have maybe 1/4" clearance at best. You could change the way the lid opens though from front to rear instead of the side, but I think you'd still run into issues unless you could slide the drawer out a long ways. Alternatively, you could get a different fridge slide that drops down like these:

But damn, that's pricey and doesn't include a stove ;)

SnoRnR

It would not work. I have maybe 1/4" clearance at best. You could change the way the lid opens though from front to rear instead of the side, but I think you'd still run into issues unless you could slide the drawer out a long ways. Alternatively, you could get a different fridge slide that drops down like these:

But damn, that's pricey and doesn't include a stove ;)

Yes, I was looking at drop down slides would make it easier for the Mrs to get in the fridge. But like you say the prices seem crazy for what they are. Plus still leaves you getting the stove out every time. Maybe have to give up on the dream of a stove/fridge combo and just grab a fridge slide. Come up with another solution for stove. Thanks for input.

RKRUGER

Adventurer- Toyota Nut
Installed my set up this last weekend. 1 RDRF1045 and 1 RFH1045 side by side with the 100AIRFK installed to the left side currently. I am looking at modifying the right side to be level with the mid height drawer. Plan is to trim the bracketry to match the drawer height for the removable panel and then step up over the wheel well from there back. A neighbor has the proper tools to trim the galvanized panels.

A few pics to show the progress. I will say that Cruiser Outfitters has been great through the process of procuring and gave great support during the install. The drawers exceed my expectations for fit and build quality. It is always a bit scary shelling out a substantial sum for something you have never seen or touched... I don't know of another installed set here in Minnesota. Well, enough jabber.

63589588541__FD0F74E8-CE9D-4265-8D1A-B8B5CDF69352.JPG63589591129__CB3BDB70-DC56-4E41-8689-6BC7C65C6E04.JPGIMG_4641.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles