ARB fridge stopped working off battery???

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Going to ask the obvious here, did you check status of low voltage cutout setting on the fridge making sure it's not on HIGH?
Tryed on all three setting. But this is not the problem. Even if it was in the high settings it would still turn on, it would just fault. Right now their is a voltage drop when I plug the fridge in so it won’t even turn on To give the fault.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I really do think the problem is the ARB issued plug that goes from the fridge to the power port. However beefing up the whole harness will be a benefit in the long run.

WOODY2

Adventurer
Have you tried bribing a fellow off roader with adult beverages to try their chord till hey consume the aforementioned beverage?

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
My friend all have National Lunas. I’m the only sucker that got an ARB. ? is it the same plug?

67cj5

Man On a Mission
My friend all have National Lunas. I’m the only sucker that got an ARB. ? is it the same plug?
I have been power testing my ARB 47 and the 78L they are just as good and for many years ran the same compressor, N/L are really good and stylish but are a bit too expensive to go bashing around in the bush with, The ARB's were specifically made for 4x4 use not Touring etc and they were tested out in the Aussie Bush not in a Lab somewhere. You have a fridge that is just as good just different.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I have been power testing my ARB 47 and the 78L they are just as good and for many years ran the same compressor, N/L are really good and stylish but are a bit too expensive to go bashing around in the bush with, The ARB's were specifically made for 4x4 use not Touring etc and they were tested out in the Aussie Bush not in a Lab somewhere. You have a fridge that is just as good just different.
Yeah my ARB 50 is 10 years old. It is good for sure.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Would anyone have advice on what inline fuse I should get? The ARB harness as a 15 amp inline but I cant seem to find one like it for 8 gauge.

IMG_6088.jpg

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Would anyone have advice on what inline fuse I should get? The ARB harness as a 15 amp inline but I cant seem to find one like it for 8 gauge.

View attachment 653075
To be honest, If you are not going to use the 2 Pin section of the ARB lead that came with the Fridge you won't need one because there is a 15A fuse in the plug on the lead and a 4A fuse in the back of the fridge,

If you are going to put the fuse close to the fridge end of the wiring then the one you have will be fine.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
If you are going to put the fuse close to the fridge end of the wiring then the one you have will be fine.

So if I just cut it out and Solder the fuse holder I have into the 8 gauge at the female side of the plug it should be Okay? Making sure I understand you right.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Well that’s a little bigger than I need! Do they even make a 15 amp fuse for this big boy. ???3BAD829F-B23F-44B6-A9AE-BF61FFE695D1.jpeg

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I have good voltage now at the spot where the drop was. I just need to get the right fuse for the 8g wire. The one I just got on Amazon is to big and dose not ever nave a 15 amp option only 20. Should I just use that or should I find a new fuse holder? DACC88F2-E076-44AD-96B7-F01087D18228.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94