ARB fridge stopped working off battery???

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Well I’m pulled the wiring loom out today and I did find a really bad crimp in the harness but I didn’t find any cuts or nicks in sheath. I cut it down shorter and tried to connect it back up and still no go. I’m now left thinks it must be in the cord between the fridge and the factory wiring.45A9BB81-C1BD-4065-9D17-AE02E4C85466.jpeg
9BB709A0-6A33-4A19-A043-F0226AEA9DF9.jpeg829891BB-3C69-4E16-8E46-F39A73738589.jpeg

Last edited:

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I still think you need to check the end to end resistance of your system. You have likely got a bad/loose connection somewhere. Check the resistance of your cord first, it should be very low, but not zero (open circuit in the cord)

Replacing all of the wire is likely to eliminate whatever the problem is, but you will never know unless you troubleshoot it all the way.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Well I’m pulled the wiring loom out today and I did find a really bad crimp in the harness but I didn’t find any cuts or nicks in sheath. I cut it down shorter and tried to connect it back up and still no go. I’m now left thinks it must be in the cord between the fridge and the factory wiring.

Having 2 ARB's I bought 3 spare leads and 1 or 2 spare screw in sockets, It's cheap insurence to have a spare lead for when things go south on the trail, (y)

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Replacing all of the wire is likely to eliminate whatever the problem is, but you will never know unless you troubleshoot it all the way.
I agree, but the power drop only happens when the fridge is plugged in. If the fridge is unplugged the power is strong all the way to the female plug the goes into the back of the fridge. That want I’m thinking that has to be where the problem is. ?‍♂️

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I agree, but the power drop only happens when the fridge is plugged in. If the fridge is unplugged the power is strong all the way to the female plug the goes into the back of the fridge. That want I’m thinking that has to be where the problem is. ?‍♂️
Batteries do the same too, they can read 12.8v and when you hook them up they can drop almost straight away.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Batteries do the same too, they can read 12.8v and when you hook them up they can drop almost straight away.
I had a Battery Health check done yesterday at Interstate and it camp up Good but who knows... I wondered it the solar panel might be fudging the battery Health as it is three years old.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I had a Battery Health check done yesterday at Interstate and it camp up Good but who knows... I wondered it the solar panel might be fudging the battery Health as it is three years old.
Well I would start with beefing up the wiring first and then plug the fridge in using the Original ARB Lead and see if that works If not then I would replace the ARB lead and see if that works, and if not borrow another battery and see if it is to blame and then go from there, (y)

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
New wiring is just arrived from Amazon. So I now to get a new inline fuse and get the hooked back up and see if it will fix my problem. If it dose I’ll run the wire back into the truck and if not I’ll order the new plug cable.
.0A2C0D6C-A381-4439-9643-D1732ECF11B3.jpeg

Last edited:

WOODY2

Adventurer
Going to ask the obvious here, did you check status of low voltage cutout setting on the fridge making sure it's not on HIGH?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior