ARB Fridge question

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Hey folks, I have a question about my ARB fridge. I have had this 50qt for about ten years, and it has worked flawlessly, until today. The problem is the fridge thinks it's 80 degrees, (the display is fluctuating between 78-80F, but it is most certainly much much colder inside. So the compressor is working nonstop and it seems like it NEGATIVE 80 degrees inside. All my beers froze horribly and exploded. Has anyone ever had this happen? I have a very important event coming up next week and need to fix this ASAP! Any help appreciated. I will be attempting to get ahold of ARB after the weekend, yes. Thanks

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Maybe a calibration issue?
I recently used a can of compressed air to clean out the fins, as they were covered in Utah dust for years. Maybe I should have just left it alone!! I guess I will look for the manual in my shed.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Get with ARB tech support on Monday they are great to work with.

Will do. Thanks. I’m hoping it is something I can fix with the correct guidance and parts. I can’t imagine trying to ship that fridge to Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOODY2

Adventurer
Will do. Thanks. I’m hoping it is something I can fix with the correct guidance and parts. I can’t imagine trying to ship that fridge to Australia.

I'm not positive but there should be an owners manual on line?

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Keep searching. I am sure someone posted on here with the same problem and how to fix it. It may of been Stumpalump.

chet6.7

Explorer
Hey folks, I have a question about my ARB fridge. I have had this 50qt for about ten years, and it has worked flawlessly, until today. The problem is the fridge thinks it's 80 degrees, (the display is fluctuating between 78-80F, but it is most certainly much much colder inside. So the compressor is working nonstop and it seems like it NEGATIVE 80 degrees inside. All my beers froze horribly and exploded. Has anyone ever had this happen? I have a very important event coming up next week and need to fix this ASAP! Any help appreciated. I will be attempting to get ahold of ARB after the weekend, yes. Thanks

Have you checked youtube? I saw someone doing a calibration video,I don't have a 12V fridge,so I didn't pay that much attention.

Wiley

Adventurer
Just hold the + and - temperature buttons for 5 secondsto enter recalibration, then you can increase by hitting +, or decrease by hitting - to whatever it is off by. Then leave it alone for 5 or 10 seconds and it will blink and then display at the new reading.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Well, the good news is it looks like a bad thermistor. The bad news is I have one of the very few early model
numbers that are not user replaceable. At least that’s what I’m reading so far. But I never give up! This ARB has been a friend for a long time and I will do anything to keep her going.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Update. Well I learned a few things: One, neither my cell or house phone could manage to call Australia. Second, ARB is also in Washington! Did not know that even being a fan for well over a decade. Three: they have great customer service and are sending me the small repair part without any issue! Love ARB. Thanks for all the help guys. Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles