ARB fridge location in Discovery II

nastav

Adventurer
Silly question, but here goes:
Where does an ARB 50L fridge (or similar) fit in a DII?
The load space seems maybe short with the rear seats (not way back jump) in the upright seating position.
I googled and came up short of photos.
I have a fridge and a slide, but do not yet have a DII to measure or test fit.
Anybody have dimensions of the rear load space with the seat up? Or photos of their fridge?
I’d guess plan B is the removing the smaller section of the rear seat and mounting it there?

polksfinest

Observer
Are you talking about a 7 seater? If not you can fit it no problem I built a drawer system and mounted a slide on it to then I used the rear cigarette lighter plug as switch power to control a relay that connected a small 35 amp hour battery that I mounted in the drivers side storage compartment which ran the fridge so that when the truck was on it charged the battery when the wife gets back I will post some pics if you need any measurements I will be happy to give them to you

nastav

Adventurer
Are you talking about a 7 seater? If not you can fit it no problem I built a drawer system and mounted a slide on it to then I used the rear cigarette lighter plug as switch power to control a relay that connected a small 35 amp hour battery that I mounted in the drivers side storage compartment which ran the fridge so that when the truck was on it charged the battery when the wife gets back I will post some pics if you need any measurements I will be happy to give them to you

Thanks.
5 seater.
I haven't actually bought a disco yet, if my Jeep buyer comes through this week I'll own one soon.
My wife 100% requires that the ARB can fit in the rear loadpsace behind the seats of whatever vehicle I get, so I was going to make sure.
I'll likely do some sort of drawers. I'd love to see photos of yours when convenient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior