ARB Fridge developed strong odor

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, my 3-4 year old ARB Fridge I keep hooked to a house battery in my jeep 24/7 has developed a very strong odor I cannot get rid of. I cleaned out thoroughly let sit for week unplugged with lid up, but when I close the odor slowly comes back even when unplugged.

Any one else experience this?

My only thought is that inside is a small seem where maybe a bug or something got behind inner wall and is decaying, but I never leave open so not sure how it would have entered.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, my 3-4 year old ARB Fridge I keep hooked to a house battery in my jeep 24/7 has developed a very strong odor I cannot get rid of. I cleaned out thoroughly let sit for week unplugged with lid up, but when I close the odor slowly comes back even when unplugged.

Any one else experience this?

My only thought is that inside is a small seem where maybe a bug or something got behind inner wall and is decaying, but I never leave open so not sure how it would have entered.
Wash it with a mild bleach solution and then let it dry and then put an Open packet of baking Soda in there for 24/48 hours keeping the fridge closed and then throw away the baking soda when finished,

See Here.

D

Deleted member 215671

You would be amazed at what direct sunlight can do to the odors on coolers, and those little low power camping refrigerators. I would also recommend the same.

WOODY2

Adventurer
Perhaps pull the back off and look for decaying critters wouldn't hurt either, it's just a few screws.

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Thank you all, very good ideas. Rain for next day or two but will clean out better and put in sun, plus look for any critters...Nice to know I am not nuts.....

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Odor finally fixed. Took back off and didn't see critters or such, so not sure what caused it. To fix I washed out with bleach solution 3-4 times then left open for several days, let sit in sun for whole day, cleaned out again. Let sit couple days. Then let sit with baking soda only with lid closed for couple days, then put orange pices in side with llid shut.

Took awhile but good results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles