ARB Field Trip

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Hello from Seattle, Washington

I had a great flight here this morning. I always love to fly because I usually get a great view of the "living topo map". Today I saw the Superstition Mtns, Mazatsal wilderness, Red rocks of Sedona and Sycamore canyon, the Mogollon Rim country, the San Francisco peaks (highest point in AZ), the Grand Canyon, Coral Pink dunes, UT, and lots of neat stuff between UT and WA that I couldn't identify.

A great morning was followed by an even better afternoon, thanks to the fine folks at ARB. Thank you to Steven Bisig (smbisig here on ExPo) and Lisa Wood for picking me up at the airport and feeding me :) I'm hanging around for a bit and tomorrow I'll be documenting the installation of the new Man-A-Fre auxiliary fuel tank into the yellow ARB FJ Cruiser. Once the tank is installed I'll be driving the yellow FJ to Arizona, and then on to the FJ Summit in Ouray next month.

They were very kind to provide me with some transportation while I'm in town...

ARB_FJ_0803.jpg

They've added some nice Mojave wheels to it since the last time I drove it.

I also snapped a pic of the Tundra. It just looks so cool with that bumper on it...

ARB_FJ_0802.jpg

Wish us luck with the aux tank tomorrow.

Last edited:

hattrik21

Adventurer
While your up there can you ask them when the bumpers will be available for the new Xterra's/Frontiers? :)

Oh yeah...have fun.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
SO jealous! ooooooh!:D :bowdown:

BajaTaco said:
Hello from Seattle, Washington

I had a great flight here this morning. I always love to fly because I usually get a great view of the "living topo map". Today I saw the Superstition Mtns, Mazatsal wilderness, Red rocks of Sedona and Sycamore canyon, the Mogollon Rim country, the San Francisco peaks (highest point in AZ), the Grand Canyon, Coral Pink dunes, UT, and lots of neat stuff between UT and WA that I couldn't identify.

A great morning was followed by an even better afternoon, thanks to the fine folks at ARB. Thank you to Steven Bisig (sbisig here on ExPo) and Lisa Wood for picking me up at the airport and feeding me :) I'm hanging around for a bit and tomorrow I'll be documenting the installation of the new Man-A-Fre auxiliary fuel tank into the yellow ARB FJ Cruiser. Once the tank is installed I'll be driving the yellow FJ to Arizona, and then on to the FJ Summit in Ouray next month.

They were very kind to provide me with some transportation while I'm in town...

ARB_FJ_0803.jpg

They've added some nice Mojave wheels to it since the last time I drove it.

I also snapped a pic of the Tundra. It just looks so cool with that bumper on it...

ARB_FJ_0802.jpg

Wish us luck with the aux tank tomorrow.

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
Coolest field trip ever!! Be sure to stock up on plenty of good coffee for that long drive back!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Look who got promoted out of the mailroom!

Hope you're having a wonderful time. Have a safe trip back home - :beer:

TheRoadie

Explorer
hattrik21 said:
While your up there can you ask them when the bumpers will be available for the new Xterra's/Frontiers? :)
Oh, and also about the front lockers for H3, which will also fit my Envoy.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
How do you get to drive their rigs? lucky dog.

Is that ARB tank or they're just importing another manufact. one for you?

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
SOCALFJ said:
How do you get to drive their rigs?

Expeditions West has been working with ARB for quite some time. In fact, you'll probably see an article that I did for 4WD Toyota Owner with the ARB Tacoma (the white one) coming out sometime in the near future.

SOCALFJ said:
Is that ARB tank or they're just importing another manufact. one for you?

The tank is a new product that Man-A-Fre is offering. ARB is installing one on their yellow FJ to increase the mileage range. It will double the OEM capacity for a total of 38 gallons on board.

Yeeee Haaawwww!!!!

Seattle is a FUN town!

Great coffee, great people and you get to catch the fish at the market!

Have a blast! You deserve a break from the hours you've been putting in, enjoy every minute of it....

See ya when you hit town!

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
The next rig, BajaFJ?

You manage to get the best loaners, new Tacomas, FJ's, etc...the last time you complainned about having to pick it up yourelf must be a hard job!

Seriously cool, enjoy the visit and ride.:safari-rig:

kcowyo said:
Look who got promoted out of the mailroom!

It's all about paying your dues...:sombrero:

viter

Adventurer
Chris, do you know if ARB staff here in US is strictly limited to marketing and sales or do they have some engineering staff here too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94