ARB Bumper Frustrations, part due

Firebear MD718

Observer
Well as with Oliverlove, I too did a ARB install only with a 2010 Access Cab, everything went as expected, well almost except when placing the outer support bracket and I went to crank in the recommended touqure at 57lbs to the bolt that went through the main frame it started to crush the passenger side frame, I rechecked the touqure wrench, then rechecked it with another wrench and setting and tested it on another test set up and that worked will except the same thing happened, went to the Drive side and started to do the same when it started to crush the same was . . . well not sure what to now, I've heard and seen the rear frame mode on older 2nd Gen. Tacoma's but not the front just behind the crush zone.
Thinking I might weld some support plating in, but thought I might run it through here to see if it's happened else where . . . :mad:Help !!

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
Haven't heard anything about this before. Didn't torque those to spec myself. I just torqued till "snug".

S4RSSS

Adventurer
for this set up (3423030) on page 5, step #10, it says torque to 30ft.lb. (NO MORE). is that the procedure you're describing? =(

good luck with the install, hope you get it fixed.

Firebear MD718

Observer
I don't have the set up sheets with me I'll have to double check, but I do recall it just had a chart with the bolt sizes and what the torque is for each bolt, I'll check and get back on this.

Thanks guys for your help and input

Firebear MD718

Observer
Well I'm back and here is what I have learned: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS !!!
With that being said, Thank you to all that have responded, and to those that I have called (ARB),
In the front page there is a chart that states; In the instructions for the ARB Bumper 3423130, ARB Combo Bull Bar with Fogs =
Fastener Torque Settings: M6 4ftlb, M8 16ftlb, M10 32ftlb and M12 57ftlbs.
How ever on page 6 of 15, in fitting procedure 10, states; the rear bolt is 4" x 1/2" (which is an American SAE) passes through the chassis from the outside of the vehicle and fitted with a large gold 12mm washer (metric) and a 1/2" (SAE Nyloc nut) on the inside of the vehicle. When all bolts are fitted, tighten front 10mm (metric) bolts securely and tighten rear 1/2" bolt (SAE) to a torque setting of 30ft lb (NO MORE)
:oops:Lesson learned: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS !!! FIRST ! and then read them again.
Again THANK s to all for the in put and hopefully I'll get some pictures up of the build

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles