ARB Bumper Diet

tacollie

Glamper
I have an 2002 Tacoma with an ARB bumper. I was wondering if anyone has some pictures of one that has been trimed to loose some weight and to clear bigger tires. My front end sets almost 1.5" lower than the rear with the stiff OME springs.

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
This is cedarbarn's 05 Tacoma. He trimmed a bit off the end of the bumper because of rubbing issues

345%3B66558%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D3262%3E379%3E4%3A7%3EWSNRCG%3D323349895%3B%3C98nu0mrj

345%3B66558%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D3262%3E379%3E4%3A7%3EWSNRCG%3D3233498964737nu0mrj

Details here:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=73062

tacollie

Glamper
I talked to Christo(Slee) because he is who I got the kit from. He said the rear springs lift is a little higher than the front and that is will always sit stink bug, which is fine with me. I was thinking about getting a synthetic cable. I wanted input and a opinions and experiences as I have never used. Also do I have to get a hawse fairleed or will my roller work. I think by doing that I will lighten the front up enough to get a little bit better performance from the springs.

Box Rocket

Ok not a Tacoma bar but the ARB on my 80 series cruiser has been modified. All of the lower skirt has been removed. This was done by the PO, and he also removed all the winch brackets. I'm planning on rebuilding a winch plate but I like the high clearance aspects of the lower skirt being removed.

Not the best pic of it but you get the idea.

Nemo_rim.jpg

I have a bunch of pics in my gallery at Tundrasolutions, I trimmed the heck out of my ARB bumper.

If this link doesn't work, go to Tundrasolutions.com and search the photo gallery for my username. They're all in the main gallery.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/500/page/8/ppuser/5505

I don't have any pics of the cuts in progress, but you can see where I trimmed if you compare it to the "stock" pics here and there in the gallery. As it sits now, it looks like a stock ARB bumper, but it matches the trimmed lines of the fiberglass.

-Sean

viter

Adventurer
did you get ome 882 springs or 881?
just in case you are not aware, even though all ome springs for 2001-2004 tacomas (which are springs 880, 881, and 882) are same spring rate (same stiffness) but different length (882 being the longest). So for arb bumper + winch one should have 882 springs to better level off the truck. Probably you already know this, but I though I'll check.

tacollie

Glamper
I have 882, they just don't hold the wieght that well. I am going to get some DR coilover with 650lb spring followed by a synthetic winch cable. I think I will be able to get away with minimal triming. I will post some picks when it is done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste