ARB Awning Room Input?

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
ARB customer service is nothing short of excellent. While there are many competitors with slightly less price point, ARB stands behind their products.

Jeepin Jason

Observer
What is the best height to mount this to get the full use of the awning room? Just ordered this and building a mount while I am waiting for it to arrive.

concretejungle

Adventurer
hmmmm i don't have measurements but if you look at my post earlier in the thread mine is pretty much fully extended. My truck is on a 4 inch lift with 35 inch tires, plus the height of the roof rack... so that's at least 7ish feet.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
I found the hight of mounts was pretty much dictated by top of doors and top of rack.

Jeepin Jason

Observer
I am trying to figure out how tall the awning room walls are. I can mount this at whatever height I want, but want to maximize the length of the walls without over extending them.

Sleam

Explorer
ARB customer service is nothing short of excellent. While there are many competitors with slightly less price point, ARB stands behind their products.

Do you think it would work for the Series III 88"? I like these for price, size etc and would like to open up into the Rover. Any experience with that?thanks

StreetsofCompton

Adventurer
Those of you running the awning + room (w/ floor), overall thoughts on the setup? Happy with it? what do you not like, what would you change, etc? Trying to figure out the best option for a family setup (wife and 2yr old son). love the idea of RTT's, just not sure how practical it is for us. Really like the Oztent RV series, but pricey. This seems it could be the solution, just looking for some opinions and possible pics of you guys actually running a setup like this.

Thanks

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
I'm also looking at one with a floor, but thinking about their design has me a little concerned for rainwater. The sides stake down around the floor, but the ground can still get soaked since the floor and walls aren't connected or sealed.

Any experience with rain that can be shared?

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
I'm also looking at one with a floor, but thinking about their design has me a little concerned for rainwater. The sides stake down around the floor, but the ground can still get soaked since the floor and walls aren't connected or sealed. Any experience with rain that can be shared?

There is a 6 sided version (floor and roof) and only a 4 sided version.

As for camping with family at a minimum you'll need the 2500x2500 version, and IMO it will be a tight fit. OZtent 5 would be a better family tent and could be left set up apart from the truck, that is the route we're going; but yes near double the cost of an awning and enclosed room set up.

knomad

Just bought awning room and awning. Not delivered yet and I am leaving in 3 weeks for an 8 week trip. Anyone know What size the awning room is folded up? I am looking to order a cargo box for the roof, like Front Runner's Wolf Pack and want to make sure the awning room will fit in the box or if i need to find a bigger box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier