ARB Awning and associated room

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
Strongly considering a 2500 awning. It will be mounted on the rack at the top of my cargo trailer conversion.
Also looking at the room that attaches to the awning.
Would someone measure the room and let me know the maximum height the awning can be placed and allow the room floor to touch the ground properly.
Also, has anybody bought a room recently? The pictures on the arb website for the room differ from the rooms that appear on youtube. Wondering which is the correct configuration?

I assume the website is most current, but, that has not always been the case with some companies, and i like the youtube configurations better. No one near me has one that i can see before purchase.

Thanks in advance

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Bought a 2000*2000 awning and deluxe screen room last summer to use on my teardrop. Great in sunny weather. We had heavy rains, deluxe room leaked like a sieve. Awning sunk in the middle full of water. Contacted ARB, no response. Likely will sell these and get a tag along Oz tent to attach to my fox wing. It works awesome.

sabjku

Observer
Bought a 2000*2000 awning and deluxe screen room last summer to use on my teardrop. Great in sunny weather. We had heavy rains, deluxe room leaked like a sieve. Awning sunk in the middle full of water. Contacted ARB, no response. Likely will sell these and get a tag along Oz tent to attach to my fox wing. It works awesome.

Colin, did you drop one of the awning poles so the water could run off? If not, that's why your awning held water. This isn't an ARB issue, at all. Any awning would have behaved in the same fashion.

No exaggeration, I had my ARB set up and received over 6" of rain in about 18 hrs of camping. I had lowered one of the corner poles and every bit of rain water rolled off. I had a huge puddle of mud underneath, but that was expected.

Arb makes fantastic products, and their awnings are no exceptions. I have the 2500 x 2500 with the Touring room. I absolutely love the setup.

Ditto on dropping a corner. We do it at all times just in case of excessive moisture in the air...doesn't need to be much of a drop. Wife prefers the awning/room to sleeping in the truck shell.:sombrero:

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Yup, dropped the corner. It helped but I still pushed water from the centre that way. My main concern was the attached room. I couldn't see where the water was coming in but the floor was completely wet.

sabjku

Observer
Colin, I could see where that would have been a total bummer. I wonder if the floor itself had some sort of puncture. The floors are pretty durable, but I generally put down a regular tarp on the ground first before throwing up my room. I like having that added layer....do it on my Tepui Autana Annex as well.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
So, any dimensions or info on current products, with or without water.

I'm out of the country but let me msg someone, they can run by my house later today and get you a number. I've got a stock height jkur with a front runner rack that is four inches IIRC off the hard top to allow the panels to be removed. I run a 78.74 x 98.43 awning with the room mounted to that sometimes. At that height the room is almost fully extended top to bottom. There is some "slack" but I run it like that as the rubberized floor material when bunched up just right doesn't create a damn, it allows water outside to flow around the perimeter and under the floor.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
So, any dimensions or info on current products, with or without water.

77.5" that is from the mounting bracket for the arb awning rail that goes on that roof rack to the ground. That gives almost full extension of the room top to bottom. I'm pretty sure I have a pic or two of it open but I'll have to look this weekend. Hope that helps

coop74

Old Camping Dude
Rhino rack room and awning

that is not strictly true... the Rhino Rack awning tent has a pair of poles which makes the awning and associated tent to have a domed top which sheds water...

An added bonus, it can be set up free standing too...

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Before the rain, 2500x2000 awning and deluxe screen room. I'm 5'11" and I have lots of room under here so 6'4" sounds close. IMG_3085.jpgIMG_3083.jpg

lostwolfak

Colin, did you drop one of the awning poles so the water could run off? If not, that's why your awning held water. This isn't an ARB issue, at all. Any awning would have behaved in the same fashion.

No exaggeration, I had my ARB set up and received over 6" of rain in about 18 hrs of camping. I had lowered one of the corner poles and every bit of rain water rolled off. I had a huge puddle of mud underneath, but that was expected.

Arb makes fantastic products, and their awnings are no exceptions. I have the 2500 x 2500 with the Touring room. I absolutely love the setup.

Colin, I had the same thing happen twice on our 2500. In the first incident, we had one end about 6 in lower than the other; bent that side's arm like crazy. The second time (after installing a new arm) we had lowered one end about 12in; heavy rain bent the arm once again. Now we install a telescopic tent pole with a rubber cane tip in the center to create a circus tent appearance and it works perfectly. Our awning room has never leaked as long as the awning arms stay in place and do not Bend out of shape.

motoboss

Bad Influence
Being the only ARB thread I can find, let me ask. Has anyone attached their awning to rooftop cross bars? Not a roof rack but to the adjustable slider bars.

I have a new 2000 model, 78.74x98.43, and would like to attach it to gutter mounted cross bars instead of buying a roof (rack) basket which I really have no need for, other than mounting the awing. I understand I would probably have to have custom brackets, which I can make. Its going on my 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport.

Anyone done this? Thanks

sabjku

Observer
Motoboss, I installed my ARB to a gutter mounted square load bar Thule rack on my Jeep Wrangler a few months ago. What bars do you have? I can post pics later. I think they might be in another thread here as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles