Arb 50L, raptor agm, Odyssey agm...easiest link??

Jspeers89

Any thoughts on the kick-ass plug and play DC to DC charger kit. The cost is slightly more but I'm looking for a solution that "just works".

john61ct

Adventurer
Any thoughts on the kick-ass plug and play DC to DC charger kit. The cost is slightly more but I'm looking for a solution that "just works".
If you want to overpay for Aussie made non-adjustable, better off with Redarc.

There is no complexity, just ask Qs if unsure about installation issues.

john61ct

Adventurer
Would a DC to DC charger take the place of the blue sea isolater/ setup?
Yes no need to put both on the same pair of circuits.

But with 3 banks to join, one junction may need a DCDC, while a simpler ACR is sufficient for the other.

Depends on the value of the target bank, and how fussy its needs are compared to the "raw input" specs provided by the available charge sources.

Or to compensate for voltage drop when the distance makes super-heavy gauge wire impractical.

Jspeers89

For American made in addition to Sterling so that I can compare another DC charger what would you consider? Thanks for all the advice. Just want to do it right the first time around.

john61ct

Adventurer
I've never heard of any quality ones made by US companies.

Same with lots of alternative energy / mobile living / marine etc product categories, most of the innovation in those areas comes from Europe or down under.

Certainly would not want stuff from most of our mainstream RV industry.

john61ct

Adventurer
ProMariner shares some hardware designs with Sterling, I think Charles is the actual engineer / designer,

but I believe that does not include the DCDC lines.

john61ct

Adventurer
25 A is fine for your tiny batt, but verify

Absorb V gets over 14.4, no higher than 14.7V

Float V is between 13.5V and 13.8V, and

Equalization can be completely disabled.

Jspeers89

Thanks for the help and info guys. I'm gonna go with blue sea si-acr. Gonna keep it simple. I don't need to use my Dual battery to jump myself cuz I carry a commercial battery jumper in the truck at all times. I think the si-acr will do the job for my needs. I ran my fridge in my Jeep previously on one battery and never had an issue so this setup should be way better with this simple dual battery setup. I can always test the Waters and see if I need more. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke