Aravaipa Canyon - Arizona

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Here are few I got last week along the Aravaipa creek in SE Arizona.

1181734282_4v99y-L-2.jpg

1184552400_8qStk-L.jpg

1184552240_kU4P3-L.jpg

1184652580_kCy5Q-X3-1.jpg

1181736140_BrNqA-L-1.jpg

1181737025_xQUqF-L-1.jpg

And a family of Javelina grazing along the creek
1181731394_Ctefp-XL.jpg

Last edited:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Very cool Brad!

I haven't been up there since the spring before the flood that wiped out the bottom end. That was what, 5 years ago? It's about time to go back.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Thanks. It was a bit chilly since I was camping near there in Turkey creek during the arctic cold snap. Our night time lows got down to 9 degrees F. Brrr.:Wow1:

Although in our tent it was 75 degrees. Gotta love wood stoves.:wings:

The second deer shot was just a 100% crop of the first one so you could see one was a young buck with his squeeze. :elkgrin:

I got to see Javelina, a bobcat, Coatimundi, a Red tail hawk and deer. A true desert riparian area.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Looks amazing Brad. About those temps though, 9 degrees F? Wow!! I had no idea it got that cold down there.

It wasn't normal. We had an arctic cold snap that set 100 year records. 17k homes in Tucson lost gas service for days. My wife who was home without gas didn't think it was funny that I was out camping while she dealt with that :elkgrin:

The temps warmed back up by the weekend but when I got home on Monday I found we had lost several landscape plants and cacti to the freeze.

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Thanks Ywen. I had planned to do a lot more night photography as well as hike into Aravaipa canyon. But the temps were too cold to spend much time out with the camera at night and the hike into the canyon requires wading in the water frequently. The thought of losing my feet to frostbite wading in water changed my plans a bit. :Wow1:

I hope to go back when it's warmer and hike into the canyon. It would provide some excellent photography opportunities.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
WOW , What a trip !!!

Hay far from you wild boar ???

Great Zoom in your camera

They are Javelina and are smaller and not as dangerous as wild boar. They were about 75 yards away in that shot. Taken with a 17-55. My 200 would have brought them in more but I had left that lens back in camp.

Last edited:

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Very nice pics! I also like the camp set-up. I haven't seen a tent set-up with a stove inside in a long time... And obviously it works great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior