Appraisers and Insurance for self-build Fuso

HAP

Nearly complete on a 2007 Fuso FG build with a ex-army aluminum box. It has been a passion project of over 1,000 hours of self-build and a small fortune in parts as I have tried to build with the best materials I can to make it reliable for global travel.

I have made the registration switch with the DMV to a motorhome and now need to get it appraised at a realistic rebuild/market value.

Who knows or has used an appraiser in Utah/mountain west that can appraise accurately these unique builds? I don't want some $5k over KBB valuation!

Secondly, I need to upgrade my insurance to a motorhome policy but from what I've read self-build makes it hard. I have all the receipt and labor hours but I want to insure for replacement/market value with full coverage. Reading everyones posts I came up with this list but there must be some bespoke insurers/brokers people have had success getting quality coverage with. Who have you got full coverage with?

Progressive - some people mention self-build being a problem for full coverage
State Farm
Allstate
American Family
Foremost Insurance Company

Any others for full coverage, no way am I going just liability on this.

Appreciate any help you can. The portal has been awesome for learning, I have even bought and sold a few piece on here from fantastic people, great forum!!

javajoe79

Fabricator
I have my NPR insured as an RV and at an agreed value with Grange. No appraisal was asked for, just an agreed value.

Reactions: HAP

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
For an insurer accepted appraisal value call the following:

Polk is well known for their professional appraisals. Best in the business for RV's and other unusual types of vehicles/equipment with value appraisals accepted by most every insurer.

Yes it will cost you HOWEVER it may be best expenditure you make to your vehicle IF you ever have to make an insurance claim for a vehicle loss!

Last edited:
Reactions: HAP

HAP

Thanks for the suggestions I'll check out Grange and reach out to Polk. I agree, having a correct valuation is super important, too much time and effort into it not have it correctly covered. I'm happy to share pictures and any info about the build but only privately at the moment. You're welcome to DM me and I'll share all about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior